This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you get your own website and domain?
06-21-2014, 02:15 PM
How do you get your own website and domain?
I tried registering my word press blog with google ad sense but it would not let me because it is a subdomain. I need to have my own website and domain name to register with google ad sense, but I have not got the foggiest as to how to start my own web site. How do I do it?????

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2014, 02:18 PM

If you do it cheap it's not easy. If you do it easy it's not cheap. Registering a domain name is rather easy thought. Just register one over at Namecheap or godaddy about 11.99 a year now, you can use google to see if there are coupons available for new customers. Both of those sites and lots of other will also sell you shared plans and all the drop in software needed to run a site.

That adds up and while they will give you a huge bandwidth number your pipe speed won't be high enough to ever use that. But it might be ok to start.

If you intend to manage a site learn command line CentOS or another flavor, use a Data center something like burstnet, and don't use drop in month to month software like cpanel. Security issues and the constant fees will keep ticking along with cpanel.

Ads

06-21-2014, 02:29 PM

If I can add to the solid domain name info by Regal T

Many free hosts like wordpress.com charge an upgrade fee to use your own domain name, in some cases because they lose ad revenue from your site, some hosts like Squidoo and hubpages allow ads in subdomains in an ad revenue scheme, you get 60% of the ad clicks at hubpages.

Goggle's Blogger.com is one where you can run Adsense in a subdomain without fees or revenue sharing. You can also add a custom domain you own with no fees. While not necessary to earn adsense there, the time you invest develop a site is a better investment when you own the name and can relocate to a different host if needed, while a free subdomain is lost of you get kicked off some free host.

A typical "unlimited" hosting account costs $8/mo and includes one domain name, serious bloggers will have several sites running on their hosting account, many hosts have easy wordpress installers,
fantastico is a popular open source installer used by hosts.
06-21-2014, 02:38 PM

A cheap & easy way to do it is to have a self-hosted Wordpress blog.

Domain name registration for a .com is around US$9.00/10.00 per year.

Hosting from a good hosting company will start at around US$4.00 per month. The best way is to start with a basic hosting package and as your site become more popular and with more files upgrade your hosting package. Check hosts such as Hostgator.

With sites such as Hostgator that uses the Cpanel control panel, Wordpress comes free and there are thousands of free themes available you can use (find them by Googling for them).
06-21-2014, 02:54 PM

yes, Google Adsense does not allow ads on sub domains. You need a self-hosted domain.

To start a blog is very easy. You can find step-by-step guide on PastMasterBlogger to start a WordPress blog or site. Just register a domain name which may costs $10 to $15 and get a hosting. Then install WordPress and start blogging. Finally, add Google Adsense.