This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are some people so private?
06-21-2014, 06:41 PM
Why are some people so private?
I'm not trying to sound nosy in any way, whatsoever. But there is one girl who I've known since High School. She was pretty, and seems very down to earth. She never actually dated anyone throughout High School, but was always admired by the guys, but she did her own thing. And never really associated with many of the people in her grade, but she was in no way anti-social. We're friends on Facebook, and she posts pictures of herself in fancy hotels, in luxurious cars and such but never posts anything about her love life as opposed to the other people on the social media sites. I know this sounds extremely weird, just wondering why some people are so private?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2014, 06:54 PM

maybe she is a loner some people enjoy being alone.

Ads

06-21-2014, 07:04 PM

Perhaps she was simply brought up not to talk or show off about her private life. I am the older generation, and I must say I simply would not dream of putting anything about boyfriends or relationships or even my family on a public site. I can't think why people do it. I imagine you think that's "weird", but you have to realise that we don't all think the same way.
06-21-2014, 07:12 PM

I always believe if you don't want to hear opinions of what they think, advice like they are some experts. gossips to speculate about you, etc don't volunteer personal information. Just give out information you want them to know and show people what you want them to see. Keep private information private because its yours and sharing it only create frustrations because those inquisitive minds want to know everything about you and that will weaken your strength, integrity and credibility to protect yourself against them. If you allow your life like an open book for everyone to read and know, they would entitle to their opinion. You just have to take control of your privacy and the less they know, the better *
06-21-2014, 07:18 PM

cause they like being that way
06-21-2014, 07:25 PM

maybe they don't like being around other people. Some people tend to avoid social groups as it would stress them out like crazy.
06-21-2014, 07:28 PM

you went from "she posts pictures of herself in fancy hotels, in luxurious cars and such but never posts anything about her love life as opposed to the other people on the social media sites. "

to

"Why are some people so private?"

She just does not share one thing, that is not "so" private.

She just does not share her love life. I never have either, just not my thing. If you want to understand the answer to this question you have to realize how rooted in your own perspective your question really is, it does not make sense to someone with a different point of view even. You seem to be one of those people that shares everything and expects others to, you check facebook quite enough, ... a majority of people do this. You are so used to seeing everything about everybody that you actually find it "weird" that someone does not share something. This is not weird, the expectation that everything (especially love life) will be shared is what is weird.
06-21-2014, 07:42 PM

She&#x27;s private because that&#x27;s an inherent right she holds as a human. Every aspect of her life is hers to share- or not - as she sees fit.
Don&#x27;t be petty. Live and let live.
06-21-2014, 07:48 PM

NOT EVERYONE CAN BE TRUSTED ONLY BEST FRIENDS AND NOT THAT SITE AT ALL...COPS ARE ALL OVER IT AND SO ARE EMPLOYERS...I DONT MESS WITH IT.
06-21-2014, 07:53 PM

I don't understand why other people must post EVERY BLOODY DETAIL ABOUT THEIR LIFE on social media.

No, no one cares what your 11:00 am snack looks like!
No, no one wants your phone to update your location every 20 minutes!
No, no one cares that you went to Taco Bell again!

She doesn't feel it's anyone elses business what she does when the front door closes and I agree with her... I'll post a photo of something I cooked if it is something I'm proud of having made and when my cat fell off the railing and hurt his foot, I posted about it to get help... But by and large, other than to REALLY VENT, I don't post much private stuff because i don't think anyone cares and I don't think anyone should know...