This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Saints row 4 ps3 install problem?
06-21-2014, 10:17 PM
Saints row 4 ps3 install problem?
I got my ps3 a few months ago, it works fine with other games but for some reason, when i try to install saints row 4, it installs to about 12% and says that it will take around 4 minutes more but instead of taking less time it starts increasing the amount of time it will take to install. Thanks for the answers.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2014, 10:28 PM

Saints row 4 is not a small file, and theres no way it would ever take 4 minutes to install. Let it sit at 12%. If it stays bat 12 for 30-45 minutes, then you have a corrupted download.

Sometimes, when a download gets interrupted by IP refreshes, or a connection drop, the file gets corrupted. When you go to install it, the system will install up to the corrupted portion then stop as it attempts to read the corrupted portion.

If this is the case, you will need to scroll to games on the XMB and delete the downloaded data (it should appear as an opaque bubble with the game name underneath)

Next, boot the system in safe mode, and select "restore file system" This will repair any corruption on the hard drive. You will then need to go into your download management folder (under account management) and re-download the game. (re-download, not re-install)

If your internet is known for dropping connection for a few seconds every once in a while, then you should switch to a wired connection (at least just for the download)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply