This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When do you pay once you've won a bid on eBay?
06-22-2014, 06:56 AM
When do you pay once you've won a bid on eBay?
I sold something on eBay by bidding and the person who won has not paid for the item and it has been over a week. I was wondering whether I should post the item and once they receive the item they will pay but I'm worried about this. What if they receive the item and not pay me?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2014, 07:01 AM

As soon as the Pay Now option is highlighted to the right of your Item.

Ads

06-22-2014, 07:10 AM

when santa arrives i think
06-22-2014, 07:20 AM

Don't post before payments.
06-22-2014, 07:32 AM

Do not post the item.
Procedure
Contact the buyer by finding his profile, ask him to pay (or reply) within 24 hours or you will either contact eBay customer services or repost the item (voiding their win)

You can either repost and sell it again
Or
There is a contact eBay (customer service) link at the top of the homepage. Click on I and go through the options, explain to them that the buyer has won the auction (date of win) and state they have not paid and would like them to contact the bidder, let eBay take it from there, they will keep in contact with you with what's happening

In the future, state on the item description, payment must be made within (state a time, example 24 or 48 hours within winning the bid is the norm)
06-22-2014, 07:35 AM

Go back to My eBay and click on send invoice. Then wait another day and file an unpaid item dispute.

Currently having the same problem. My buyer's feedback is full of complaints from other sellers that they didn't pay.
06-22-2014, 07:42 AM

DO NOT POST ITEM UNTIL PAYMENT HAS BEEN RECIEVED. Send a kind message to the winning bidder as a gentle reminder, it could be as simple as that they placed bid and forgot about it. Simply message " hi just to let you know that payment has still not been recieved. The item will be posted once payment has been made. if there are any problems/questions please let me know" you could even state that if you have not heard anything by......(date) or payment you will relist item...but it would be worth checking to see if that would be an issue on ebay community. when is the earliest you can relist if payment not recieved.
06-22-2014, 07:45 AM

Read ebay's help pages for new sellers - you could be seriously out of pocket if you start sending items before people pay.

Send a friendly reminder via ebay messages, asking for payment so that you can send them their item. If they still haven't paid within another 3 days, open a dispute via ebay and they will send the buyer a reminder. if that doesn't work, you can cancel the transaction and get your final value fee (but not listing fee) refunded.
06-22-2014, 08:01 AM

What are you waiting for -- Send the Invoice. If he doesnt respond, open dispute for Unpaid Item so you can get your seller fee back then you can re-list. If you dont care about the seller fee, and you get no response to the invoice, go ahead and re-list. They cant receive the item until they have paid you because you havent shipped it.
06-22-2014, 08:17 AM

NEVER send the item unless they pay!

open an "unpaid" case through ebay