This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
windows xp is without Microsoft updates after 4/08/14 does anyone know how to keep getting free or low cost updates?
06-22-2014, 09:15 AM
windows xp is without Microsoft updates after 4/08/14 does anyone know how to keep getting free or low cost updates?
My unit runs is old but runs good in spite of the slowness due to the chip speed
but i don't want to buy a expense service service.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2014, 09:26 AM

After 4/8/14, there will be no new updates for Windows XP, either free, cheap, or expensive. Microsoft will stop updating xp, and nobody else will bother.

Sorry :-(
N

Ads

06-22-2014, 09:28 AM

keep your AV program up to date and scan often. Also switch to Google Chrome instead of Internet Explorer since they will be supporting XP until 2015
06-22-2014, 09:41 AM

you should to upgrade the machines
06-22-2014, 09:57 AM

Who needs updates? That OS (XP) is their last, great OS. Windows 7 is pretty good, but they were unable to incorporate a search tool to find files. Their expertise has gone down therefor.

And W8 is not even worth discussing it is so bad.

The Chrome OS is something that I wish to visit. But I do not trust that company.

Linux will soon reign as the OS of choice.

But for now use the XP. There is no need to update it if it runs the applications you use. That is the only point of an OS (as opposed to putting out garbage OS and decreasing efficiency to users).

XP now, Linux later. That is the direction so far.
06-22-2014, 10:12 AM

You can either upgrade to a newer version of Windows or move to a Linux-based OS. Don't listen to anyone who tells you to stick with XP as they don't know what they're talking about - sure, programs may still be supported, but the OS itself will be far more vulnerable than any security program can protect you against.