This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is the DealDash bidding website a scam ?
06-22-2014, 09:37 PM
Is the DealDash bidding website a scam ?
My facebook does nothing but blow up with pictures of people who claim they've won items like Ipads for $0.75 and TVs for a $1.80 ! I have no experience with this site, but I've heard they have automated bots that keep bidding higher to scam you for your money. This is known as a "Penny Bidding'' site, but it sounds like a total scam ! Has anyone had any experience with this site and know if it's a scam or not ? Thanks :]

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2014, 09:53 PM

obvious scam

Ads

06-22-2014, 10:03 PM

If something seems too good to be true, or if a claim seems to you to be ludicrous, then chances are, it's a scam. Nobody get's an i-pad for 75cents. Why, when you can sell it on ebay for 100bucks?

It's another one of those companies, like pay day loan sharks, or tax avoiders, that just use loopholes in current laws, or where there is no regulation, like with the web, use technically legal tactics and practises to exploit the market for their own benefit. Yes it's legal, as in, we're all too afraid of internet regulation to make it illegal, but does this make it right or acceptable? of course not. I see a lot of reviews and comments about this company, but nothing conclusive, so my advise is to exercise your best judgement. If it seems wrong or suspect to you, then don't use it. It's that simple.

But if you feel strongly that there is a scam going on, then report it, and make noises. There are certainly enough people out there who have been scammed by Dealdash.
06-22-2014, 10:09 PM

Hello Mollie,

Since you’re aware that dealdash.com is an auction/bidding site, are you aware how things work with this kind of ‘business?’ If no, I strongly suggest for you not to waste your time & money. But if yes, suit yourself.

It’s not a surprise you’ll ask me WHY?

First, check out a couple of feedback/reviews from http://verify1st.com/dealdash.com you will see that the common feedback about dealdash.com is that they either encounter bidders who spends about more than hundred bucks in exchange of a lower amount of gift cards, shopping cards, gift certificates, etc.

Here’s one of the feedback:

“237 bids or $ 142.00. This is what a bidder named "k..." expend in $25 Gift Card + 20 Credits! DealDash store price: $37.00. This is insane! Pay out $142.00 to win $ 37.00!! There was another player named "maxi..." (or bot?), who used 119 bids or $ 71.00. I was monitoring various auctions and I notice that the same behavior in ALL them. Coincidence? Ahhh! And you will find the same player (bot?) in several auctions. Very suspicious! I now understand and agree with all complaints in this site. I'm getting myself out. BE AWARE!”

You think you can beat that?

If you ask me, what about the ‘POSITIVE’ reviews/feedback in verify1st? Then you shouldn’t be worrying whether dealdash.com is high risk or not, right?

And if you notice on the feedback, most of them would tell you that the CSR of this website is excellent, very reliable, etc. Surely, a CSR can perform his job beyond expectations, but how is that possible if the only available mode of contacting them is via email/sending them a ticket? http://www.dealdash.com/support.php

Let’s go with the technicalities of this domain.

1.The domain was registered since 2000 according to http://verify1st.com/dealdash.com this means that dealdash.com has existed for a good amount of time.
2.The Alexa Rank or the combination of average daily visitors & pageviews for this website is 71,625 and a pagerank of 0. This means that the popularity rating for this domain is low with at least hundreds of visitors each month.
3.There are 2 other websites closely related to dealdash.com with a similarity match of 85.6% and they are as follows: winadeal.com & revenueexpect.com
4.The vendor reliability, trustworthiness, privacy & child safety ratings for this website are UNSATISFACTORY. So watch out!
5.Although the website is not currently blacklisted according to http://rbls.org/dealdash.com this is not an assurance/guarantee that they’re safe to transact with.
6.Going forward, before transacting online or is in doubt whether a website is high risk or not, I strongly suggest you go to http://www.verify1st.com as they will also reveal the IDENTITY, REPUTATION & RELATIONSHIP reports of the website you’re concerned with.

Hopefully this helps. Good luck!