This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about having referrals?
06-22-2014, 11:10 PM
Question about having referrals?
I'm going to be job-searching real soon and I'm young and have been in the work field consistently but because I've been in the work field so consistently managing my own company(freelancing) I don't have too many referrals? I only have a few. If I were to apply for a low minimum wage job or a not so complex job that doesn't require a lot of Skill such as being a cashier would they ask for referrals? And if so, is it possible you can use people you personally know as referrals? Not that they would know.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2014, 11:17 PM

Derrick,

I can tell you this, for the type of job you're talking about going after, there is a high likelihood they won't even be calling your references.

The hiring decision will be much more about their confidence in you as a person, so make sure to be confident and showcase your ability.

Finally, in regard to using people you know personally, yes you can do that. Just make sure they are people that can speak well on the phone and have the ability to come off as someone that knows you professionally rather than personally.

Good luck to you and hope this is helpful!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply