This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook ads all over my profile page, home page and everywhere else on facebook.?
11-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Facebook ads all over my profile page, home page and everywhere else on facebook.?
When I turned my facebook on today there was adverts everywhere, not the normal ones at the side of the page they were everywhere. Later I was reading through what people had write and there was an add on the middle of the home page. That wasnt there yesterday though. They are ads for bt broadband, flights with easyjet and much more stuff like that!!!

Can I get rid of this adverts? If I can, how do you get rid of them? THEY ARE DRIVING ME NUTS!!

Thank you to all who reply

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:54 AM

You'll have to reach out to one of the Facebook Admin at http://www.facebook.com/help/contact_generic.php and let them know what happened. Sending them an email would be better than calling anyway.

Ads

The ads are why Facebook is free. Companies pay to have their ads show up on peoples' pages so that people don't have to pay to access Facebook.

If you are seeing "ads" on your news feed, it probably isn't really an ad, rather it is from a page or product that you "liked". Just hide it or "unlike" it and they will stop showing up in your feed. The ads on the side cannot be gotten rid of.

Lol, calm down this is easy if you're using Google Chrome - if not then I don't know - go to Chrome Web Store and download something called "AdBlock" - it'll install itself automatically in your browser and you'll find it on the top right corner.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...kkbiglidom

There are videos in YouTube that teach how use it (beware that some of them don't really know how to use it - "and yet they have the AUDACITY to post a video on how to use it!" I'm kidding...) I hope this helped a little.