This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I feel like I need to help my friend....read more?
11-09-2012, 08:46 AM
I feel like I need to help my friend....read more?
Okay, so basically one of my guy friends has a girlfriend he met online and I believe she's fake. Now there's a REASON I think she's fake, and I do NOT think every person on the internet is a fifty year old man. There HAVE been people to meet people online and actually have real relationships and be with them for a long time. However in this case, she seems fake, not a fifty year old man per say, but someone making up this person. (I've met people online before too and I'm sure they're not fake.)
So my friend spends a lot of time online and has met friends and they all seem to be real, so I'm sure he wouldn't consider her being fake. I'm really sure she is though...She has literally 6 facebook friends and they all include my friend (her boyfriend), and his friends. Her pictures don't seem to match. Like the ones that show her face look like the same person, but then she has a few with the side of her, or back of her head, or whatnot, and you can just tell they're not the same person. The body shape seems different and all. And she constantly uploads pictures of herself, but not to change a profile picture, just to put it in an album, and to me it seems like she's proving to be real.
Now I didn't think she was fake at first, cause once on skype I talked to her and my friend through a call and she sounded normal. However they haven't webcammed, and it could be just another girl posing to be the girl who's his girlfriend. And I know it sounds like I'm overthinking or something, but if you saw her profile, I'm pretty sure you'd think she was fake as well. At first I thought I was just being dumb, but seriously she made her facebook like right when they met and that was months ago, and she still doesn't have more friends. I'm sure she made some excuse to him, but I dunno.
Now at first I decided not to get into his business, whatever, but now I'm worrying about him. Do NOT suggest for me to talk to him, we haven't been talking as much recently (he's busy online talking to his girlfriend I believe) but I'm really worrying about him getting hurt and I don't want that to happen, and I KNOW talking to him won't work. He's not that type of person I can just tell him I think his girlfriend's fake, he wouldn't listen to me, even if we are friends (he really does seem to like this person.) I just don't know what to do. At first I wasn't going to get involved, but I feel like it's going to be worst for him if this keeps going on. I considered using a fake facebook of my own to talk to her or test her like "Oh I believe we've met before!" or just straight out ask her, but I feel like that'd be no better of ME, but I really do feel like I should do SOMETHING.
My friend's not a complete idiot, but he can be sometimes, so I'm not surprised he hasn't really realized how fake she is. This has been going on for three months, and I don't want him to get his heart broken, he's a great guy, and just ugh, I considered talking to him so many times but I know for a fact it won't work, so please suggest anything but (if it comes down to it, I'll do it eventually.)
And also, once I had this friend made a fake boyfriend for her ex friend (not the best idea) and she made a fake facebook, and this girls facebook reminds me SO much of the fake one my friend made.
Thanks SO much, PLEASE no rude answers, and thanks a lot for reading all the way through!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:54 AM

you can hack that account by phishing or something or make a fake id,and try to flirt with that girl,if thats fake she may flirt back to you...then just show those msgs to your friend Smile

Ads

11-09-2012, 08:54 AM

Firstly its so sweet of you to care so much for your friend like that, he is very lucky. And i just want to say, dont read my answer and do exactly what i think because i have no experience or anything and i dont want to say the wrong thing. Maybe you could try talking the the fake girl and let her know that your kind of onto her plan, if you get me??! You could also go on skype or whatever you use to webcam her when you are with him and keep trying to get her to go on webcam?

Im sorry, i dont really know what im talking about, but i wanted to try and give you some advise.
Xxx