This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which is the best place to host a website?
06-23-2014, 10:41 AM
Which is the best place to host a website?
I always hear that the host of your website does affect seo. Who should I host my website with?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2014, 10:57 AM

It doesn't matter SEO-wise as long as the hosting service has a good reputation as far as expelling spammers, scammers and hackers from their network. After that you want a host with high reliablity for uptime and with redundant DNS servers not located on the same network. After that you need to be sure they offer the tools you need, such as PHP, MySQL, etc. You can get top notch hosting for about $7/month. A bit less if you pay 2 - 3 years at a time. I'd recommend someone specifically, but my answer will likely get deleted if I do.

Ads

06-23-2014, 11:00 AM

Godaddy or bluehost
06-23-2014, 11:10 AM

Depends on your needs and complexity of your site, I have heard google prefers fast loading
times as it helps with user experience but you can check out hostgator
06-23-2014, 11:15 AM

In all honesty, there are so many perfectly good hosts out there that your choice matters very little. Here are a few of the ones I normally recommend to clients, though:

For inexpensive solutions:
htttp://www.godaddy.com
htttp://www.hostgator.com

If you need cloud hosting Rackspace may be the way to go
06-23-2014, 11:19 AM

The three factors of hosting that affect SEO are

1. Hosting location
2. Country specific domain like .com.au or .co.uk
3. Hosting reputation

I would suggest to go for reputable hosting company. The are many of them available today such as hostgator, bluehost, godaddy etc.
06-23-2014, 11:23 AM

It doesn't matter for SEO, any hosting service would have the same result just as long as the hosting service is reputable and does not allow scammers.

Hal Smith
URLdreamer Consultant
06-23-2014, 11:34 AM

Yes Of course, I have tested en.zthaepymes.com and inmotionhosting.com and these have been the best for SEO.

Try any of those and good luck!
06-23-2014, 11:43 AM

I would recommend to go for some smaller company as they are usually able to provide a better performance and support. The big names in the industry are often a bit overloaded. I am using http://www.infinityhosting.org and I am very satisfied with their services so far. Their support is always there for you if you need any help. Really great.
06-23-2014, 11:45 AM

SEO does not depend on your host.. as long as your host's servers are not blacklisted or have a lot of server issues (downtime). This would only be the case if you went with some really fly-by-night company...

I would not recommend bluehost.. I was just with them and they have a ton of downtime.. as well as always trying to get you to upgrade. Godaddy has pretty bad support..

I'm now hosted with SiteServing and it's an awesome hosting company.. highly recommend. My traffic actually increased since being with them.. not sure why.. but their servers are very fast. They also give you Google Adword credits and such.. very good for SEO.. and they give it to you for free.

They also give you a free sitebuilder.. but I'm not sure if you need that..

Just take a look around: http://www.siteserving.com

Hope this helps!!