This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I widen my Tumblr description box?
06-23-2014, 10:13 PM
How do I widen my Tumblr description box?
I have the Inkhorn theme, and my description box is way too narrow. I would like to widen it. How do I do this? I can't find the html for the description.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2014, 10:28 PM

[I'm assuming that you have the new "2.0" version of the Inkhorn theme. If you have the old original version then these instructions might still work, but I have no way of trying it. If you have the old version and this doesn't work then let me know your blog URL and I'll figure out what needs to be done to that version.]

Go to your blog's Customize page. Scroll to the bottom of the left-side panel, where you should find a label that says 'Advanced options'. Open that section by clicking on the label.

The Advanced Options section should then appear in the left-side panel. At the bottom of this section you should see the 'Add Custom CSS' text area. (It's medium grey on a dark grey background, so it doesn't exactly jump out at you, but it's there.) In that area, write this:

h3 { width : 80% ; }

As soon as you do that, you should see the description box in the right-side theme preview panel grow much wider. I've used 80% in this example but you can play with the percentage value until you find a width that you like. When you're happy, hit the 'Save' button at the top of the left-side column to apply this change to your blog.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply