This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would my instagram pictures hurt their feelings?
06-24-2014, 04:11 AM
Would my instagram pictures hurt their feelings?
Hi, I study abroad in France, so I got the chance to visit many luxuries places around here and also got the chance to practice activities that are seen "rich-only", at reasonable prices. I love taking pictures, many people compliment my talent especially fellow photographers.

I want to be on instagram to share and spread my pictures of the places and the nice moments I had. Friends tell me to join in, but I am actually hesitant. Most of my family and friends don't have the means to visit the places I go to, or practice leisure activities like, skiing, sailing, traveling etc but of course many of them go to interesting places and do interesting activities and very very very few can afford luxuries. I am afraid that I might hurt them or let them feel bad or something.

I also want to be known at a deeper level, as an introvert I'm not of a social person but I love that pictures give me a chance to express myself, my passion, and even my daily life. I sometime have the need to share these things with people from the same background, the same hometown. People who know me, don't really know what I like or dislike, what I like to do in the weekends or anything else, they know some of the basics because I am a quiet person and because I try to be as modest as I can, I don't talk about any of passions unless I know there is someone who shares it with me. I am just used to it and raised in this way.

I have that urge to show a bit of myself and my life, but I am afraid I will create some discomfort for my friends and my extended family members and that feeling will make me myself uncomfortable too and maybe regret my decision to join instagram in the first place.

I don't want to be seen as a brag, a show-off, arrogant, spoiled etc. But is there a way not to be when all of my pictures are of the same nature? Should I stay away from instagram or be cool and just jump in?

I appreciate your opinions..

Thank you

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2014, 04:21 AM

Be cool and jump in! You are not hurting their feelings, you are just sharing your adventure and yourself to other fellow Instagrammers and friends. Your friends and family wants to see your experience, so it's alright Smile

Ads

06-24-2014, 04:36 AM

You shouldn't care about that. You're enjoying your life, and stepping out of your comfort zone is going to enhance that. Do NOT think about what other people would think, besides, you're only having fun!
Please try not to overthink about stuff like this, it's incredibly unhealthy. Trust me.