This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do I keep looking at this guy's FB page ?
06-24-2014, 06:36 AM
Why do I keep looking at this guy's FB page ?
It's been a year since we gotten into a fight and have not spoken.

He cursed me out and said he has a new gf and that I should get a life.

But I can't stop looking at his FB page. I look at it more than 10 times a day. If I don't - I start feeling anxious and uneasy. If I get my 'fix' - I feel assured knowing that his relationship status still reads 'single'.

Yesterday was his birthday party - I see him with some girl and I cried the whole day becuz I couldn't be there.

Do I sound like I need professional help ? Low self esteem ?? What is my problem ? I know it's unhealthy and useless but I can't seem to cut it out.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2014, 06:48 AM

U STALKER!!!!1!!!!111!

GURL. dis is unhealthy 4 him becuz he has sum psycho stalker on fb
i need 2 go find this guy and warn him, u kno?

luv u lyke them pancakes!!111!

Ads

06-24-2014, 07:01 AM

you just need to get over him. maybe removing him from your fb will help.
06-24-2014, 07:14 AM

FIND A NEW BF!! ASAP
06-24-2014, 07:21 AM

Just because it reads single doesn't translate into meaning he's had no relationships after you. It may just mean he's forgotten to change it. He's over you. Do yourself a favor and stop the daydreaming and wishful thinking; he's not going to suddenly realize you're the best thing he ever had and come running back to take you in his arms. You are stuck in time; still fixated upon the moment you broke up. He's moved on, you should to.
06-24-2014, 07:24 AM

You do sound a bit obsessive, but thats not saying you need professional help, although, it might be good to have someone your can talk things over with. You need to get over him, and the first step is relising this, so well done. The best way of moving on, is ridding him from your life. Delete him on facebook so you dont have to see his updates and your not tempted to look at his status and whatever. Dont let yourself think about him or get upset- lets be honest, hes not worth it at all. You have to be strong and its not gonna be easy but little by little you'll get over things. Good luck xxx
06-24-2014, 07:39 AM

You just don't like being rejected and you are looking for closure.

If you would had cursed him out than you wouldn't be at his page because you got closure...
But it didn't happen that way, did it! Now you are searching for closure from him.

Advice:

LET IT GO! He cursing you was provably the best thing that happen to you. It was not meant to be and if you to have a good life... let him go and that will be your closure!
06-24-2014, 07:51 AM

When we reject someone else, it's easy for us to move on.

When someone rejects US, it can make it difficult for us to move on - and it sounds like this is the case for you in this situation.

What is important is that you learn from your feelings, and then have the courage to move forward despite them.

You obviously still have feelings about him, and do need to move on. He is "single", but not interested in having a relationship with you. I suggest looking at the page one last time, and then pursuing other relationships and interests.

I'm sorry the relationship didn't work out, and that you are mourning the loss of what could have been - this is normal. However, this is an amazing opportunity for you to move forward and grow.

If you are unable to move forward after looking at the page one last time to say goodbye, then yes, you should seek professional help to discuss your feelings.

Best of luck to you! Smile
06-24-2014, 07:59 AM

Damn, I know how you feel. Same thing happened to me. Okay, maybe it was a few times a day, not near a dozen. I got that anxious feeling and everything.

You're just trapped right now. You need to break out of this mess. Occupy your time, hang with your friends, talk to new guys. The fact of the matter is, you may not get over him for a long long time. But by doing your best to ignore him, things will be a little easier. It's all about forgetting, occupying your time, and then finding someone new.