This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does my internet cut out every 20 seconds?
06-24-2014, 08:32 AM
Why does my internet cut out every 20 seconds?
Hello, I've been having this issue for a while. I am a gamer, and I require a CONSTANT RELIABLE CONNECTION.
So here is the issue. I play my games, and then 1 second out of every 20, my internet cuts out. Wifi won't work, or any internet. I've called the company, TWC..., and they haven't resolved the issue.

I entered the command "ping -n 100 google.com", and I pinged google.com 100 times. Except, during those 100 pings only 97 actually were successful. At random times, the CMD interface displayed "request timed out", and then continued its regular pinging. Is there any reason for the cut of of service? Is there anything I can do?

Oh, and I have wicked fast internet. At its max, I can download files at 9mb/s it is insane. But it likes to cut out every now and then. PLEASE AYUDAME.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2014, 08:33 AM

Hello,

I think that you are going to need to get a newer technology faster frequency wireless access point not a router. I use Cisco wi-fi at my house. Never has any issues with this box and works well 200 feet away. (easy to set up as well) Worth every penny for me. (don't be cheap if you want a good connection) This one below is the one I have and it has the 5ghz for no interference from microwave/phones/neighbors/radios.

http://r.ebay.com/aDpEU9

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply