This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm not sure how to approach a guy?
06-24-2014, 10:20 AM
I'm not sure how to approach a guy?
There's this boy I find really attractive in my theatre class. We don't talk much, in fact he spends most of his time rehearsing lines with this girl who isn't afraid to be touchy (even though she's in a committed relationship) The really only interaction we've had is shaking hands during an exercise and being Facebook friends. I want to ask him if he wants to hang out, preferably with the girl and another mutual friend so that we can be friends before I even think of asking him out for coffee. We've just never talked. Should I talk to the girl so she can organize it and I can try talking to him then?

I'm decently tall and a little chubby (not too bad, its given me a nice rack and legs). My face is a bit plain and I have blonde hair that I usually pull up in a ponytail because its growing out from a pixie. He's tall and really skinny. I'm worried that my looks might put him off...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2014, 10:27 AM

You're just going to have to ask. You're just going to have to do it. Like my friend told me when I was nervous "Dude, it doesn't hurt to ask." Don't assume you know what he is going to say. You don't have much to lose.

Ads

06-24-2014, 10:28 AM

two things

1. stop being a wuss and ask the guy but, don't take a friend as you will most likely end up friend zones.

2. if you're worried about your looks start exercising
06-24-2014, 10:31 AM

My friend, I thought looks were all too until i met a person i never thought id see in my life. To me, it didn't matter if it was a boy or girl or a piece of bacteria talking into my ear, but they cared for me, and were funny to the heck. But... since most people judge on looks (sadly) i would put your hair down until its about 70 degrees unless you live in a warm climate, go off and on with your hair. first start with saying hi and making laughs with him- its surely to work.
06-24-2014, 10:38 AM

I think that since you have never really talked to him before, it could come off a bit weird for you to randomly ask him to hang out even if it involves mutual friends. At least I know I would find it a bit strange if someone I'd never spoken to before wanted to hang out. I would recommend trying to talk to him at least a few times first before suggesting hanging out. If you're friends with him on facebook you could try to catch him on facebook chat or even message him and start a conversation by talking about the class or coming up with something to ask him about it that will give you a reason to talk. Or you could ask to rehearse lines with him and the girl in class or something along those lines and then strike up a conversation with him that way. After you've talked to him a few times, then you could suggest hanging out with the mutual friends or even just the two of you and grab coffee or something after school/class. It can never hurt to ask, I just think it would be better if you talked to him a bit first. I hope this helps some, best of luck!