This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
eBay/Royal Mail problem?
06-24-2014, 11:34 AM
eBay/Royal Mail problem?
I sold an item on eBay for 35 pounds plus postage and the buyer is claiming he hasn't received the item. He escalated the case to customer support on eBay who then refunded him the money. Obviously that comes back to me. There's no proof that he hasn't received the item so he could of gotten away scot free with my money and my item. I have a receipt for proof of postage (first class) but it was not recorded delivery so there is no proof of delivery. I have been advised to claim a reimbursement with the Royal Mail (who I used to send the package), but after looking on their page it says that the max they refund is the postage and a maximum of £20.00. I paid £8.90 for the postage. So does that mean I am going to lose 7 pounds plus the money I paid to eBay for no reason?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2014, 11:35 AM

this seems to be a screw up on your end , you should always get a tracking number for packages and insurance that covers claimed value ( even if its more expensive it is worth the cost ) so you can prove if the buyer received it and if it got lost can claim on insurance

if the post office lost it or it gets delivered late and the buyer is dishonest and doesn't return it then you are out the cost of shipping less any claim you can make , and the cost of the item
this happens regularly when you ship parcels , experienced sellers will always pay the extra cost to have tracked shipping insure for true value .
I hope next time you sell online you remember this and use it as a hard lesson
good luck in getting it sorted , hopefully the post office will find the package and it gets returned ( unlikely but it's been known to happen )

Ads

06-24-2014, 11:39 AM

Unfortunately . if you cannot prove delivery , you will loose every time . Read up on ebays policy . You have to cover yourself as there are loads of dishonest buyers and sellers out there