This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Now that the value of a HB is dropping, have FB's become completely irrelevant? BQ?
06-24-2014, 11:37 AM
Now that the value of a HB is dropping, have FB's become completely irrelevant? BQ?
If you knew a kid wanting to make it to the NFL would you discourage him from play FB?
They are rarely on the field. The kicker will probably get more playing time than you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2014, 11:48 AM

FB and TE are interchangeable thats probably what most teams are gonna start doing

Ads

06-24-2014, 11:54 AM

Not really. I mean, yes, FBs are basically irrelevant now in the NFL, but in all honesty, if I knew a kid wanting to make it to the NFL, I'd let his coach pick where his skills best fit, seeing as he's likely not going to make the NFL regardless where he plays. I mean, yeah, FB isn't likely going to be a really needed position on most NFL rosters, but anyones chances of the NFL are slim.
06-24-2014, 11:59 AM

Not really, what I think will happen is that the H-back type TE's will become a separate position from TE, I think then the Blocking TE's will play the FB in formations that require one, I think there will still be teams running an old school set, but it will only be those that have horrible QB's
06-24-2014, 12:15 PM

A TE is basically a FB with supposedly better hands, so a FB definitely isn't "necessary" or anything.