This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I sort the internet connection on my Samsung Galaxy Ace?
06-24-2014, 02:18 PM
How do I sort the internet connection on my Samsung Galaxy Ace?
Have had this phone a while now. I'm on a 'Pay as you go' from o2. The internet 'can' work as I've had it working before (wi-fi in the library), but using Packet Data (which I need) is an absolute nightmare. The attempts 'time out' or I end up quitting (I am normally very patient) before getting anywhere. A simple Google search can take ridiculously long (or not happen at all) even with full signal. Everything else is just out of the question. I have bought the phone firsthand, and is still as it was when new. I've also text'd 'Active' to 2020.I'm using the sim card that came with it. I just want a half decent internet connection, It's not overloaded, it only has 3/4 (legit) apps which I downloaded through a library wi-fi connection. I need the Packet Data connection to be of some decent use.

Please help, this has been winding me up severely.
Thanks,
J
Thanks for replying. Yes, I am in the country. Not completely in the wilderness though, some streets in my village have fibre optic b/b. We have a decent landline internet service. So the HSPDA, 3G, EDGE, GPRS are all subject to being in a particular location? There's no way to manually select these? Annoyingly, my brother's Iphone seems to be a great in the same area, compared to mine.
It would appear I'm receiving the 'G' connectivity.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2014, 02:28 PM

Hello there,

Its different speeds, in different place.

Maybe if your out near a country side (not saying you do) it would be a slow connection, however being in a city centre would give you a greater connection, meaning faster internet.

Its not all about how many bars you have, its about what you internet connection is:

HSPDA or H - the best type of connection, the fastest you can get

3G - fast connection, minimum connection for streaming youtube

EDGE or E - Not the best type of connection, it is quite slow

GPRS or G - worst and slowest connection

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply