This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Modelling question?
06-24-2014, 04:59 PM
Modelling question?
Okay, so I have been accepted to 2 places. And I don't know which to choose. (I'm 16)

1) Happy Feet. It's a talent agency for up to 18 yrs but judging by its Twitter page and list of companies that use it, it mostly deals with children. You have to pay about £85 because it's a talent agency not a modelling agency and have professional pictures. The money is for the website. I have to go for a test shoot before they sign me.

2) Talent Management. It's a talent agency for everyone. You have to pay £135 for the website and there's a lot of roumers about it being a scam but there's also a lot of good thongs about it. It's Twitter page looks good. You dint need professional photos. They spoke to my mum over the phone about me. Sort of like a phone interview.

Which one should I aim for? I don't have much money

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2014, 05:14 PM

If you have to pay for it, it's not a modelling agency. Even talent agents don't charge you upfront, they get a commission on your earnings.

Ads

06-24-2014, 05:26 PM

Never heard of either but it's ILLEGAL for a UK model agency to charge you to appear on a website
Read the government website
https://www.gov.uk/agency-workers-your-r...g-agencies
"An agency finding you work as a photographic or fashion model is banned from charging you an upfront fee for including your details in a publication or on a website."

A legitimate agency ONLY should make money AFTER they have booked you on a job, then they take their 10-20% fee out of the money the client pays
Never work with an agency wanting you to pay them out of pocket for anything