This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cannot get Internet connection. Asus laptop windows 8?
06-24-2014, 08:40 PM
Cannot get Internet connection. Asus laptop windows 8?
I have wifi. All the smart phones, desktops and my brothers laptop all have no issues connecting. My last computer also had no issues connecting. This one will let me join the network with no problem but it says that I cannot connect to the network. Every time I trouble shoot it just says to disconnect it and wait ten seconds then turn it back on. I feel like it's not my wifi though it's the computer. Because at my boyfriend'a house it does the exact same thing. It'll let you put in the password, connect to the network, and say that you are on that wifi but you will have no connection. The bars at the bottom right of my screen are all gray and have an asterisk on top of them. If I hold my mouse over it it says "Not connected - Connections are available". Which they obviously are. So why can't I get any internet connection if I'm on it?! I've searched all over and all these videos and stuff just show how to connect to a network. I am connected but I just can't get any internet. PLEASE HELP THANK YOU!!!
Lol no it's brand new. Fresh out of the box. So no drinks spilled on it. I got it to have Internet when I sept up a hotspot from my iPhone. It worked for about 5 minutes and then did the same thing and my home wifi. I've reset the wifi like the troubleshoot said. Nothing happened.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2014, 08:45 PM

did u spill a drink on it

Ads

06-24-2014, 08:54 PM

Make sure all your cable are connected up right