This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you click on the advertising banners?
06-24-2014, 09:22 PM
Do you click on the advertising banners?
Because I never do?

So I just wanted to know if anybody does it?
And why?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2014, 09:28 PM

How advertising banners work is whenever you visited a site cookies are dropped this is how you only see banners from certain sites and not every site you've visited. you don't have to click on them or you can if you would like to purchase whatever product or service they are offering.

and you are right, banners do not have a high clickable rate.

Ads

06-24-2014, 09:33 PM

One click per 1000 impressions is not uncommon, some big brand companies are just as interested in keeping their name in your subconscious with branding campaigns and don't care so much about clicks, some studies have shown up to 7 exposures to a brand or product name are required for a prospect to have the trust needed to make a buy, the banner effect might be creeping into your mind regardless of your action.
06-24-2014, 09:37 PM

Yes I do, basically it depends on the call to action, if the banners ads really have such a convert-able and motivational call to action then a lot of people click on the banner ads, and it is still a great advertising parts.
06-24-2014, 09:46 PM

I never really click on them. To be honest I barely even notice them.

But when I do notice them the only reason I click on them is because I know it charges that company money per click. Kind of messed up on my part but I figure they've got the money for it. Smile

The most annoying ones are on Facebook always in the sidebar.