This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get rid of these ads showing up on Facebook?
11-09-2012, 08:49 AM
How to get rid of these ads showing up on Facebook?
This ( http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii49...Glitch.jpg ) kind of ad keeps coming up on the sides, and bottoms of my facebook.

i've had these before, but since then Facebook has revamped and such. It drives me crazy when those come up. And they totally slow down Facebook in general.

So yeah. If anyone could tell me how to get rid of these ads, it would be super appreciated. I can't find the solution in the Facebook help center, nor would I bother to message Facebook, soince they never do anything about your message. (Which is understandable in the end. x3)

Thanks again!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:57 AM

Sadly you cant

Ads

there is no way to

If the ads have the title "Ads not by Facebook" or "Ads Not by whatever site you are on" that means they are being inserted by an adware / malware program. To get rid of it, first uninstall any browser extensions or other software that you have installed recently, and are not sure about, as its quite likely one of those is inserting the ads.

If that doesnt work, the next step is to do an antimalware scan. I recommend "MalwareBytes Anti Malware" and also "Super Anti Spyware". Sometimes its worth scanning with both, as sometimes one program will catch something and the other wont.

Once you have cleaned out the malware. A good solution for hiding the "normal" facebook ads that Facebook displays itself, is to install the FB Purity browser extension, which hides all Facebook's own ads. It also has lots of other options for cleaning up other types of facebook junk. Its been reviewed and highly rated in the Washington Post, CNET, Lifehacker and PCWorld.

You can get it here: http://fbpurity.com