This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Appearing online in Gtalk while using Samsung (android) phone? Worrying issue :(?
11-09-2012, 08:51 AM
Appearing online in Gtalk while using Samsung (android) phone? Worrying issue :(?
Does anybody know whether somebody who used a Samsung phone (android) should appear online every time this person accesses internet, or whether he appears online only when he accesses some particular applications?
Here's the thing:
I use gmail for my daily job and i see that my boyfriend is online on gtalk nearly all the time during his "working hours".
I don't really want to ask him why he's using Facebook or any other apps allllll the time, but at least i would like to know what's going on? Sad
Is it possible that he appears online even without using facebook or any other apps? This is really worrying me as he keeps coming online all the time and maybe i'm becoming a bit paranoiac but he is not writing to me (in whatsapp or viber) so i thought he is talking to someone else Sad
Does anyone know anything about this.
I would really appreciate any answers to clear up my doubts.
Thank you

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:59 AM

Can be set that any time he interacts with his phone, the Google Talk icon will change from orange (AFK) to green (Actively using the phone), but this could be as benign as answering a call or playing angry birds while waiting for the coffee to brew.

Best to check yourself with your own phone - if you have an android and a desktop PC, by using a different google account on your PC, then observe how interacting with which apps causes the phone to change afk status.

If it's a new phone, give him a while for the novelty to wear off, they're fun - don't be assuming he's checking people out.. then again if you really don't trust him... why are you with him?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply