This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook Privacy Questions?
11-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Facebook Privacy Questions?
I want to create a facebook account and I know this sounds odd, but I want to make sure that nobody knows I exist on FB unless I want them to...(There are some people that I do not want knowing that I am on FB).

Basically, I understand that there are some privacy settings like people not being able to see your pictures/bio etc.
But I need to know if I can be seen via other methods (Ie. - a random person is looking at somebody's friend list and finds my account and then knows i'm on FB. Or if I became friends with somebody it came up on their wall "X is now friends with Y" with my name, showing my name to potentially anyone.

I know that this question is slightly stupid - wanting to become unknown on a social networking site...but I need answers! Big Grin

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:01 AM

You can always make up a name for your facebook account. This one boy did because he wanted to avoid this girl. And yes facebook does post everything you do like add new pictures, friends with other people, etc. You can set your profile to private, which no one will be able to look on your page, pictures, info, etc unless you set it. The only picture they will see is what is your profile picture.

Ads

Unfortunately it's impossible to actually completely hide your presence on Facebook. You can hide all information on your profile however you can't hide your name or profile picture. In addition to that if anyone writes on your wall or gets tagged in a photo you're in anyone will be able to see it through the other person's profile page.
You can also be searched for just by typing your name in the search bar.

The best you could do would be to use a fake or unusual spelling of your name as well as a fake or unrelated profile picture.

facebook is very unsafe and not private at all even if you hire a nerd to lock down ur account im sure someone can still see it. if you sign up for fb know that nothing you put on it is private