This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PLEEAAAAASE ANSWER! I DONT KNOW IF IM SAVED OR NOT AND I REAAALLY NEED HELP!!!! D:?
10-01-2012, 06:57 AM
PLEEAAAAASE ANSWER! I DONT KNOW IF IM SAVED OR NOT AND I REAAALLY NEED HELP!!!! D:?
When I was 5, I prayed and asked Jesus into my heart. And for a while, I felt like I was a Christian because I barely ever did wrong stuff and I read my Bible and just showed all the signs of being saved. When I was about 7 I started having serious doubts because I lied to my coach and so I prayed and asked Jesus into my heart again. Ive asked Jesus into my heart at least 100 times and each time for a while I will feel like a Christian. But then I just start sinning again. Like just now I prayed, and then I went right around and said a cuss word on Twitter. And I feel so terrible! Please help! I don't want to go to Hell! I want to truly know that I'm saved and stop worrying! D:

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 07:05 AM

dont wooorrryyyy , whats the worst thing that can happen

Ads

REPENT REPENT REPEAT!! YOU WORHLISS SINBAG!!

Jesus is already in your heart. Pray O Lord Christ please keep me away from all sin and satan.

Dear Caleb, you won't go to hell, because there is no hell. Secondly sin is the violation of the law of Moses, which is not binding on you. Get rid of your guilty feelings and be free from fear.

However, Jesus taught you to join hands with God and do what God wants you to do on earth. You will be rewarded with the right of entry to God's kingdom if you do.

whene you wil wake up ..
jesus he could save you .. is not god he have no right no abilitie to do that ask God .. who created you no jesus prophet of God ..

You have a lot to learn about what a Christian is. Why do you think you need to be saved? So you can accept the atonement of Christ and then be perfect for the rest of your life? No! You need to be saved because you WILL sin, probably every day, for the rest of your entire life. Everyone is like this. The only human who never sinned was Jesus Christ; even Jesus' own disciples who helped to write the Bible were imperfect sinners.

Being a Christians means that you know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and that his death on the cross covers all of your sins, and accepting it with all of your heart. It means that you love the Lord with all of your heart and love other people. It does not mean being perfect, never sinning, or even not sinning that often. We NEED to be saved because we are sinners! Does that make sense?

Now, the fact that we are all sinners is not an excuse to go ahead and sin when you know something is wrong. Do your best to please God, practice making right choices, and stay in the Word every day. You will grow and mature in your faith, but you will never be perfect, and God does not expect you to be perfect.

In John 6:47, Jesus said: "I tell you the truth, he who believes in Me has everlasting life."

Do you believe in Him? If yes, YOU ARE SAVED!

Even those who are truly saved are not perfect; we still sin. Yet the Bible does tell us our lives should change after we are saved (i.e. your life can be a demonstration of whether you are saved or not). John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall NOT perish, but have eternal life". Your actions cannot and will not save you. To be saved you have to believe that Jesus came, fully God and fully man, and died in your place to pay for your sins, and you must trust in Him for salvation and commit your life to Him. There is not really a way that I can tell you whether you are saved or not. Perhaps you should pray and ask God to reveal it to you. To give you peace and assurance if you are saved, or to bring to to true repentance if you are not yet. You could also try talking with a pastor.

good question - in advance thanks for reading.

The greatest difference between a faithful Christian and a non-Christian is that the faithful can recognize when they have sinned. Christians are still sinners; just because you are a Christian doesn't mean that you are without sin.

It's important to remember that Jesus dies as a sacrifice for mankind's sin. A first step would be to acknowledge this fact, which you have done. Now you can hold yourself to Christian standards, which you obviously do.

You fit in where most Christian feel they are in their Christian walk; perhaps you are a little harder on yourself, but that's not a bad thing as that'll keep you on the straight and narrow. Now here's the kicker.

You need to WANT to not sin because you:
1. Love God and Jesus
2. You know what is expected of you as a Christian [those Christian standards]
3. You need to understand God's Grace a little more.....

.......in that his Grace provided a way for us sinners to be reconciled back to him. This is the gift of God, his Grace which provides a means of redemption - which by rights we don't deserve. This GIFT still needs to be taken.

So while we couldn't find redemption on our own it is not a guarantee of our salvation, you still need to take the gift and run with it. Philippians 2:10-12 reads...10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. 12 So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling...."

Salvation through God's Grace and Jesus' sacrifice is not something we could do on our own, but we still have to run with it......
James 2:14-18 reads......14 What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? 17 Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself. 18 But someone may well say, “You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.”

So, do you help others when the need it, do you attempt emulate Jesus in your life? If so you're being a conscientious Christian. Hell on the other hand is a gross misinterpretation of the original language from which the scriptures were written .

Compare Psalms 16:10 with Acts 2:17 in both King James and New American Standard and you'll see what I mean. The word Hell in the King James is a mistranslation from the Hebrew and Greek words for "Grave" which has been corrected in some translations. Other places in scripture still adhere to the word Hell, but these are also misinterpretation. Hell was never threatened by God....the wages of sin was always DEATH, not eternal conscious torment in a place called Hell. The resurrection taught of by Jesus and understood by the Jewish nation was losing ground in ancient Greece, so the idea of an immortal soul was devised to keep the faith moving forward. Everlasting life was promised to the faithful, not to the wicked in a place called Hell. Nothing in scripture indicates that a soul is indestructible.

Don't take my word for it, study this on your own so you don't have to worry about burning in a place called Hell. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT THERE IS NO PUNISHMENT FOR THE UNREPENTANT SINNER - now your job is to see how this all fits together - this will strengthen your faith while for many others it would rip it apart.

Anyway, I think you're doing just fine as long as you remain faithful because of your love for Jesus and your desire to be more like him in addition to doing the work they both commanded us to do - not because you are worried you'll go to a place called HELL.

I hope this eases your mind, but convicts you in other areas.
God Bless.

Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God that he was born of a virgin. that he died on the cross for your sins and arose from the grave the third day to give you hope of eternal life. if you believe all this you need to be Baptized into Christ for the remission of sins,. if you continue in his word and do what is right in the eyes of the Lord he will continue to forgive you you must try real hard not to do the evil you know better than to do.

if you truly do as God wants yu to do you will be saved but you must obey the gospel first by being Baptized . if you do this the Holy Spirit will dwell in you. the only way for the spirit to dwell in you is through baptism.