This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help I can't get my GIF avatar back?
10-01-2012, 07:23 AM
Help I can't get my GIF avatar back?
The first time I linked my twitter account, I saw the GIF pic in my Yahoo profiles page and selected it but now I was trying to upload a new GIF avatar to twitter, it didn't show up and the old GIF was also gone. I tried dislinking and linking my twitter account with the new GIF already uploaded but it still won't show up in Yahoo Profiles, I also tried creating a new twitter account and uploading my old GIF and tried linking that, still no GIF on my Yahoo Profiles. Whats going on?? How can I get my GIF avatar back???

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 07:31 AM

You likely can't. Yahoo Answers really does NOT allow GIF animations as avatars. The Twitter link-up was a 'work around' cheat that was discovered and promulgated without the permission of Yahoo Answers. Many users have complained about the flashing avatars and the resulting migraines (yes, that really DOES happen). So staff has been working to block that work around and eliminate those GIFs that were already up here.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply