This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you hate how young people swear?
11-09-2012, 09:02 AM
Do you hate how young people swear?
By young people, I mean like 5th graders. I was looking through my friend's status on facebook from the first day of school. They were like "Comment who your teacher is" and then this other friend after this long conversation was like "What the f*** __________ has facebook" She's in the 5th grade and said the aactual word ! I'm older than her and I haven't even swore (okay maybe a couple times but that was when I banged my shin against my chair and it was a whisper). I hate how people these days are dressing all skimpy and acting all cool. Yeah because dressing so inappropriate is SOOOOOOOOOOOO cool. Anyways, don't you hate how kids are swearing younger and younger? By the way, that line in the part where the 5th grader swore was a teacher.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:10 AM

I'm 14 and I only swear when I'm by myself. Although I do say damn and ass a lot. But a fifth grader saying fu*k? That's just awful

Ads

I absolutely DESPISE when younger children swear. Parents should watch their language around their children because it is so inappropriate. I was watching a TV show where these little boys, who were at most 8 years old, were dropping the f-bomb like it was no big deal. It disgusts me to see 6th graders in hallowed costumes and in everyday clothes that have less on than me and I'm in the 11th grade. Parents are so lax on their kids these days. I can't wrap my head around it. Why would you let your 10 year old daughter dress like a stripper and let her cuss like a sailor?

im a freshman in high school now and i can definitely say that swearing goes down as you get older, i here swearing probably every day, but its near the same amount i hear used conversations between almost every adult. and for dressing skimpy, its just a way of dressing, most girls who dress like that do it because they like the look of showing off a bit of their body and not many girls think that it's cool to dress like that, they just do because they like it. if what i said isn't at all true for around you i can tell you that most of the world is like what i just said.

I don't care if they swear.

The only swear words I have a problem with are the ones intended to be insults/slurs. Other than that, they're just words...expressions of anger/disgust. I don't see the problem.

First off what is a 5th grader doing on Facebook...

I think the problem is swearing and dressing inappropriately is perceived as "cool" and "grown up". I blame the media. I swore A LOT in middle and high school. I would drop the f bomb in pretty much every conversation. Its only now at 20 that I have stopped swearing as I see it as vulgar rather than being a cool rebel.

I teach a kids karate class and I have had kids say the f-word, sh*t, in class. The oldest kid is maybe 11.

It doesn't bother me as long as their not like little 3 or 4th graders. I used to NEVER curse, until I got into middle school. I don't curse a lot like some of the kids but I curse quete often.(Btw I'm in 7th grade) oh and I guess you can say I dress a little bit skimpy but not the whole short shorts up to your butt kind

It's one of my biggest pet peeves. I'm in 10th grade, and besides the occassional "f*ck" or "sh*t", my friends and I rarely curse. I have class with this 9th grader and he swears all the time. I've put up with it for like 2 months, but in like the last week I can't take it anymore. He thinks he's really sarcastic and sounds cool, he sounds like a moron. Every time he curses, I repeat whatever he says in a very monotonous, serious tone. I think he's getting the point of how utterly stupid he sounds. I don't care at this point if this kid hates my guts...I'm not listening to him and his crap all year long.

BRO YOUNG PEOPLE RULE