This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone else find hugging too much a bit annoying?
11-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Anyone else find hugging too much a bit annoying?
I went into the school common room the other day at break time and everyone was hugging each other. I swear the last they saw each other was the day before but everyone was hugging there friends and it was really weird and superficial. I was talking my mate and in the corner of my eye I could see this tall guy hugging this smaller girl (her face was to the side of his chest) and they were hugging for about 2 minutes, if not more and they weren't even going out. There's one kid at school who hugs all his friends, legs, pushing his face to their chest in a creepy way. Of course, this is all dressed up as irony but puts all these photos of it all over facebook too.
Does anyone find that this devalues hugging and is kind of superficial? Do you or do you know a group of people who do this and do you find it weird or something else?
P.S. I am not the most 'touchy feely' person in the world as I am sure you can imagine. I am not against people showing affection but there was a huge overload of it and as a result it came across as a it weird to me.
P.P.S. It wasn't cold either and they usually do this.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:11 AM

Yes I do

I see it constantly on the tele

And I think

No one in real life hugs this much

Ads

I find it sooooooooo annoying! All my friends hug hello and goodbye and I feel like I have to do it but I HATE it. It's awkward and unessecary, a simple hello would suffice!

i agree especially younger ones hugging boys and stuff and even screaming an hugging their friends as if they havent seen eachother in years! soo annoying

Hahaha For some reason, this question made me laugh... I mean I've never heard friends hugging for that long-for no good reason-and putting them up on fb? Sounds superficial and funny to me

Well, it's STILL an Improvement over fisticuffs... So if You had the Choice; wouldn't You rather be hugged by a Pretty Girl- than Clocked by One on the Back of the Head -for NO Reason ?!! :o

I mean i hug people but for 2 minutes!?!? i mean if someone died okay but for no reason, that's just weird. Iv'e seen a couple people who do that at my school but it's kind of a regular thing cause the whole school knows each other kind of thing. But it is really weird, i guess you just have to get used to it .Tongue Good luck!

Like you I'm not a touche feeley type either and find this practice of hugging all the time all rather uncomfortable and uneccesary. I always took it to be the way I was brought up and sometimes I envy it. For example, if Sheridan Smith (The blond scoucer in Benidorm) came and hugged me I would like that very much- Im rather selective that way lol :-).

YES!!! like I dont care if you hug like once or something but at my school we have a 9 minute break and within those 9 minutes she hugs each one of my friends like 5 times. Its sooooo annoying!