This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how can i get more followers on tumblr?
11-09-2012, 09:04 AM
how can i get more followers on tumblr?
i have only 6 followers on tumblr, and i would like to get more. i put the word out on twitter, but i dont have much followers either. what's the quickest way to get followers?
http://twitter.com/hipstermichaela
http://michaelax3.tumblr.com/.
- i'm new also. :\

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:12 AM

First of all you need good posts. before people follow you they need to know they're following somebody good. they won't follow you if you don't have good posts. find tumblrs that you like and have good posts. reblog, reblog, reblog. then once you get an idea of what you want to post and what people like then go find pictures. look all over the internet for pictures, videos, music, and write a lot of stuff. but don't make your tumblr a place to post a status. this is NOT facebook. AND you should always use good grammar. then once you get a good amount of posts at least have 50 posts, then you can move on to getting more followers.

If you really want to, do reblog and follow trains. i don't recommend it but if your desperate for follows that's one of the choices. but those don't get people to follow you because they like your blog they only follow you to get more followers. occasionally this does get people to unfollow you.

Then there is asking people to promote you, you can ask but it doesn't always guarantee a promotion. most people don't usually but when they do it usually gets you at least 3 followers or more.

When you do reblog, and you write something down, make it witty, or funny. if it's boring nobody will care, but sometimes if it's funny enough then people will take a look at your blog.

ASK! don't literally ask people questions but put nice comments about other people's blogs. that usually gets you at least 1 or more followers. people like nice people. say something like "your blog is amazing."anything that's generally nice.

Follow other people. sometimes people follow back it usually just depends on who. but you can't go wrong with following. just make sure it's somebody you want to follow and not just somebody random.

and lastly, just post things. Post things that people will like. because when people like them they will reblog and when people reblog then other people will reblog and that makes people want to check to see if you have other posts that are that good. It also all depends on what your blog is about and what you post, it all depends on this. if you post funny things then follow other funny people to reblog their stuff too. if you post cute pictures, follow other people who post cute pictures to reblog them.

just whatever you do, DO NOT link facebook to you tumblr, don't talk about it on facebook, don't even recommend it to people on facebook. that's just a general rule to everybody. follow it and you will succeed.

Ads

Follow everybody. Its a really good way for people to notice you. If you follow someone, they will most likely follow you. It works! Smile Hope this helps <3

http://shinygolddoorknob.tumblr.com/

Tips to getting more followers-
Post lots, don't go too long without posting something or your followers will lose interest.
Post interesting stuff, people don't want to see pictures of your cat or what you are wearing that day, it just isn't interesting.
Make posts that vary, like don't always post pictures, and don't always make text posts. That gets boring.
Advertise like you are on here.
Like and reblog people's pictures so your name gets out there more.
Reply to people's questions.
And some people just follow back when you follow them.

What do people like on tumblr:

Harry Potter
memes.
Universe pictures.
Mean Girls quotes or pictures.
Mustaches.
Pictures of water.
Pokemon.
Wolves.
Pictures of boobs.
Quotes!!!
Anything funny.

Basically anything. But those are the main ones I can think of right now.

http://shelbybee.tumblr.com/