This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What can I do about my mom reading my Facebook messages?
11-09-2012, 09:07 AM
What can I do about my mom reading my Facebook messages?
My mom made me give her my Facebook password and she said if I didn't she would disconnect the internet and delete my account. And now she has been reading through my messages (she told me she did) and sometimes I talk about uh, personal stuff with the guy I like and I don't want her reading them and she said if I delete my messages she's not going to be honest with me about anything anymore or tell me anything WHAT IS HER PROBLEM? I tell her most things in my life and she said she "wants to know what's going on in my life" even though I tell her most of it! I want my privacy sometimes, you know? She also sent a message from MY ACCOUNT to the guy I like that was really weird and made him get mad at me, and he didn't believe me when I said it was my mom. How can I fix this??????

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:15 AM

Change your password and deactivate your facebook account. It's worth it. Don't let a stupid inanimate thing like FACEBOOK control your life.

Ads

Have two accounts one "real" account and one "fake". The fake account being the one you have now. She may be providing the internet but that's a massive invasion of privacy.

Have a calm discussion with her when everyone is relaxed. Don't do it when you just found her reading your messages.

Mom, I'm starting to grow up, and part of that is living my life. I want you to know what is going on in my life, and I appreciate your advice and your support when I get hurt. But you need to give me room to make some mistakes so that I can learn. If I'm going to talk to boys, I can't have you reading everything word say to to them. That is not psychologically appropriate behavior. I will tell you if I go out on a date, but I need to be able to chat with a guy without you reading every word. It's like you reading my diary. It is psychologically inappropriate behavior. I know you care about me, and I appreciate everything you do for me, but I need some room to chat with boys without you listening to every word. How can we find a space for me to be a kid so that you'll be comfortable taking a step back.