This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why is this? 10 points!?
11-09-2012, 09:07 AM
why is this? 10 points!?
basically i typed my full name into Google for fun, but an actual picture of me came up (my facebook profile picture), but i didn't put it on google, how did it get there?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:15 AM

Mine did that too.. I think it just helps people look for other people? I think it's just a reference thing. Remember google is like the smartest thing alive lol.

Ads

your photo is automatically added onto google, i don't think you can stop it, don't worry its facebook not you!

Google is a search engine. That means it searched on millions of websites for your name and any relating material, including your picture. Facebook is a well known website, so the fact that it found your name on facebook and picture isn't surprising.

One of your friends most likely put it there that's why I don't put any personal pics on Facebook

Further to other answers - Google, meet Watson
http://www-03.ibm.com/innovation/us/watson/

No, don't worry - only be concerned if you've set yourself up as fully private, so your profile is not to be viewed by anyone unless you've added them and set permission up for them to view your content.

Otherwise your name and a picture of you will come up putting one to the other almost as certainly as it would if you were called Gwyneth Paltrow and typed it in to see what results you got.

the same thing happend to me im not sure but my guess is that google found a match of your name on facebook and said"oh its this guy" and put on you pic knowing it was you. right?

when you make a facebook account in the terms and conditions is tells you if you want a facebook account then they can have access to all your pictures so facebook could take your picture and put it on a bilboard if they want to

Facebook OWNS any image you post on their site. That means they can have it appear wherever they want.
They also have a horrible privacy record and routinely sells content and contact information to 3rd parties.

I thought you knew. Get with the program- if you value your privacy or think you might any time in your life, get off of FB.

You don't have to put your pictures on google images (in fact you can't as far as I'm aware) for them to show up there, if there is a picture of you on the internet anywhere and your name is in the title, it will show up when you google your name.