This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blocking People At Facebook Another Way?
11-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Blocking People At Facebook Another Way?
I know when we get blocked at Facebook, the person that has bocked us, we can't see their profile photo next to their messages anymore, when we click on Messages and see their name under Messages, we can't see their profile photo next to the last message sent and we can't locate their profile anymore. Is their another way of blocking somebody where the blocked person can still see the other person's profile photo, where we can still see their profile photo next to the last message sent under Messages and where the blocked person can still locate the other person's profile?

The reason why I'm asking this is because I was friends with a family and things went wrong. I tried contacting a friend of mine at Facebook to sort things out and he ignored me and blocked me. I tried sorting things out through my other friend, his son and the day after I was blocked from talking to his son as if his dad blocked me from talking to his son. I went under an old Facebook account to try talking to my friend, the dad to sort things out and after a number of messages, he ignored me again and again but he never seemed to have blocked me again from the way it looks. When I click on Messages, when I look at my last message sent, I can still see his profile photo and I can still locate his profile. I've wondered why he never blocked me, then I wondered if he has but in a different way where it appears to me that I'm not blocked when I am. The other day after two months, my other friend, the son of the family unblocked me out of nowhere and sent me a message. I replied and I never got a reply. I noticed that friend of mine, the son had also commented on another friends photo that I had just commented on and it was as if that friend of mine, the son was trying to communicate with me through another friends photos. I sent more message as private messages and I still haven't heard from him. He doesn't contact me through that other friends photos anymore now. It appears I'm still not blocked because when I click on Messages, I can still see his profile photo next to the last message sent and I can still see his profile photo next to all the messages he sent to me and I can still locate his profile. It's strange why he unblocked me and sent me a message out of nowhere after two months and he contacted me through another friends photo and I'm not getting any replies to my private messages and he's stopped contacting me through that other friends photos now. I'm wondering if that other method of blocking is true and his dad blocked me from talking to his son using the same method the father blocked me the second time where I'm blocked from them both but I can still see their profile photos under Messages, next to all their messages and I can still locate their profiles. Also I'm wondering if I'm blocked through that other method where it looks as if I'm not blocked but I am and only they can send me messages but they don't get mine where from my end it's incoming messages only where I've been blocked another way for two months all the long. I don't know if I blocked another way and with incoming messages only or if they are simply ignoring me.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:17 AM

Instead of using soul less Facebook to contact people you know, why not just ring/ visit them instead? Facebook seems to now be taken in the UK as LIFE itself (just like this reply is not "life").
In my experience people on Facebook don't give a sod if I live or die, its just the fact of being on Facebook to titerlate themselves with vain pictures and stories of themselves.

Whats my answer. Just forget about Facebook it literally mean nothing! Pubs, coffee shops, parties, supermarkets etc is where real life hangs out in droves. ;-)

Ads

Blocking anyone works like both the end users cannot see each others profile.
Instead they will see a page with message:
This content is currently unavailable
Or
The page you requested was not found
So one who blocks and the other who get blocked both cannot see profile content of either end user.

They Will Still be able to See the Profile Picture But you Can Make it Unclickable tho if you Put the Profile Picture on Private