This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
facebook privacy about tagged photos?
11-09-2012, 09:10 AM
facebook privacy about tagged photos?
I have created this list of friends on facebook, and I don't want them to see my albums, my wall , my tagged photos.
I think I have all the settings right, and then a friend of this list likes one photo I am tagged in.
How can he see it?? when i click on view as.. it doesn't show my the tagged photos. my privacy settings on Maximum Timeline Visibility setting i have chosen friends except this list
Also my the person that posted the photo I am tagged in , has his setting at friends only.
What is happening??? Please help..
The person who uploaded the picture I am tagged in has on his settings visible to FRIENDS ONLY.
The person who i don't want to see the photos is not friend with the person who uploaded the pisture is only friend with me and i have put him in the restricted list
For example
The person who uploaded the picture: A
The person who is on my friends : B

I have created a list with some people who i don't want them viewing my profile. ( restricted list)
I have on settings:

Privacy - How you connect - Who can see posts by others on your time line? (Note: Stories about likes, friendships, and some other types of wall content aren't included in these settings.) - Friends except restricted list

Privacy - how tags work - Maximum Time line Visibility of posts you're tagged in once they're on your time line - Friends except restricted list

Limit the Audience for Past Posts
Limit the audience for posts you shared with friends of friends or PublicManage Past Post Visibility

what is this???

Then A is not friends with B.
B is on my restricted list.
A has on his album settings visible only friends.
A tagged me on his album
B liked the picture
How could he see it???
Please help... Sad

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:18 AM

the part you arent understanding is that photos you are tagged in arent controlled by your privacy settings, they are controlled by the person who uploaded the picture in the first place

you cant hide tagged photos, you can only remove the tag

http://abrax.us/Facebook/PrivatePictures.php

Ads

11-09-2012, 09:18 AM

There is no such thing as privacy anymore, particularly online. Should be very careful about what you post. Should also keep in mind that potential employers will often check out your social network profiles, so if you are in the hunt for a job (or a college), be mindful of what you post.