This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I just found out that the guy who took my virginity is a sex offender?
11-09-2012, 09:10 AM
I just found out that the guy who took my virginity is a sex offender?
I have not seen or spoken to him in about 2 years as he has moved out of state, but recently a friend took me to a class at what ended up being the gym where he used to work, so I was reminded of him and decided to try to look him up on FB when I got home. Well, I couldn't find him on facebook, and instead of putting his name into every social media site out there one by one I went ahead and googled his name thinking I'd find a twitter or youtube account or something of the like.

Instead of a social networking profile, up popped a slew of sex offender registry websites with his picture, name, DOB and offense. When we were together, he'd led me to believe he was 18, but according to the DOB on this registry it works out he was 22 at the time, now 24. His offense apparently took place within this past year and is listed as "indecency exposes w/ minor." I then scrolled down to learn his victim is a girl the same age I was when I had been with him. It says he was ordered to probation and required to register annually as a sex offender. This makes me sick to my stomach because this is somebody with whom I entrusted myself physically and emotionally so much so as to let him take my virginity. Am I wrong after all this time to only just now have this feeling of having been violated and how will I ever forgive myself for being so stupid??
Thanks for your answer, i <3 kitty cats. Unfortunately when it happened I was too young to have a boyfriend so I had to sneak behind my mom's back and I was too naive to realize he wasn't interested in me as a person. I learned that soon after it happened when we went from talking every day to him doing the deed then practically dropping off the face of the earth, and now this.
Kittysue, it did in fact say she was 15 just as I was when I was with him,
Those people you mentioned were honest with their partner...This guy lied in order to get me to have sex with him.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:18 AM

People make mistakes, but if the sex was unprotected, I would get checked at your nearest clinic to make sure you don't have some kind of infection or STD. Here's a tip too, something I always do before I date a guy is meet his parents or family. They tell me about him, including his real age, etc. then I'm fine. Always meet the family first, and if the guy won't allow it then you know there's something wrong.

Ads

There is really no need to feel stupid about what happened two years ago. Chances are pretty good after your encounter with him he has manipulated dozens of others, his past actions caught up with him now he pays the price. Two years ago he was already building a future in the life of a pedophile. You was in love or at least thought you was and in the heat of passion gave yourself to him. Learn from it as USED but not stupid.

The people that prey on you young ladies are professional. They know every way to answer you questions and know how to make you feel safe enough to give them a most precious part of you. This is not your fault. Its a shame you had not found out about him before hand but this is why he is required to register as a sex offender, This way if/when he does this to another young lady he will spend many years behind bars. And then the men can treat him as a piece of crap!! Which he is!!!!

First of all it didn't call him a rapist or say that he had sex with an underage person. Also he was not sentenced to jail, he was given probation.

Indent exposure does not mean sexual intercourse. I know someone who is a registered sex offender with Indecent Exposure because he was drunk one night peeing on the street and was reported by someone who was 16 years old. So technically he exposed himself to an underage person. He could have met someone online who was 16 but claimed to be 21 years old, sexted with her, then her parents found the texts and called the police - that would also be indecent exposure. Or he met someone at a bar with a fake ID, was making out with her in the car and his fly was unzipped and the police caught them - again he would be charged with indecent exposure

That's the problem with sex offender registries -- you do not have the full story. A friend's son has had his life ruined, had his house graffittied and firebombed, has been beaten up, etc because he is on the sex offenders registry. His crime - when he turned 18 he had sex with his high school girlfriend of 2 years who was just a week shy of her 16th birthday. But since he was 18 and she was under 16 and her dad was pissed off and decided to file statutory rape charges, he's considered a rapist and can never get that off his record and anywhere he goes he has to register. This guy has tried to commit suicide over this as he's almost 30 now and has never had anything else on his record