This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How much would you pay (if anything) for a custom designed facebook profile picture?
11-09-2012, 09:11 AM
How much would you pay (if anything) for a custom designed facebook profile picture?
I asked a graphic designer to design a custom profile pic for my facebook page (cause I'm really picky). He said he would do it for $20. Is that a good deal. What's the most you would pay?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:19 AM

I would pay maybe 10 dollars but if also think what will he do? If it's something easy post another question and see if anyone can tell you how to do what you want for little to no money at all.

Ads

I wouldnt spend 20$ instead download photoshop on you're computer, whatch some tutorials on you will always be able to edit you're own pictures whenever, however you want. A good FREE program is gimp. Google it, you'll be amazed.

-- allen lawson (:

A professional Designer designing a single picture can charge up to $100s of dollars. The reason being you are only asking for a single picture and often designers sell their work via download for around 10cents. But since its only a single person and custom design he is charging a fair price. But honestly the work he may do will probably not be worth $20 and you will think it is just because its nothing you have seen before.

Best thing to do if you want a custom picture design is to do it yourself with a image manipulation program like Photoshop or GIMP(free). These programs have widgets and tools that allow for "professional" design without the knowledge of the work.

Often Professional Designers just use those tools to create "professional-looking" work for a quick profit.

Its your choice overall if you want to pay that price, but for that much money I would want to closely monitor the work he ACTUALLY does. If it takes less than 10 minutes then its only worth $3. If it takes several days of hard work and professional artist hand crafting, then $20 dollars is a fair price.

Depends on how complex the job you are asking him to do as well as how much time it will take him to do the job. These are all factors in the cost. So without more information it is very difficult to give you an answer.