This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
this is a question about facebook groups and stuff?
11-09-2012, 09:11 AM
this is a question about facebook groups and stuff?
when you watch someones page, without beeing a member on facebook. you see those blue texts where it says blablabla is a fan of,.. for instance music: films etc.... how do you get this application. Im a member of facebook, im new. so there is this thing called groups. But what decides the five things on your profile?? is it the latest or the first groups you joined or.. please i need to know more.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:20 AM

that's shows up for all profiles you look at when you not logged in. you new to facebook, add me. Jay Frazier with the maryland terps logo as my pic.

Ads

11-09-2012, 09:20 AM

There are Pages, where you get a profile view of what seems to be a random 5, with pictures. You become a fan of a "page" by going to that page (either by seeing it and using the link, or by searching), then choosing "Become fan".

Essentially, pages are similar to user pages, but for something / someone that is not a personal user.

Groups appear as a plain list on your profile, similarly, you can follow a link or search, and then join an open group, or request to join a closed group. You may also create a group yourself, but it's better to look for an existing group, rather than adding ever more duplication.

For any you are a fan / member of, you can also "share" (link in bottom left), which posts some info and your comment to your wall and friend feed.