This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I think my mom hates me, or really dislikes me...?
11-09-2012, 09:12 AM
I think my mom hates me, or really dislikes me...?
Hi
I'm 14 years old, straight A student and I really do love my mother, but sometimes she's nice to me and sometimes she treats me like dirt. She adores my older sister and is always comparing me to her and comparing my other friends to me. I once got off the phone talking about a sleepover with my friend and she asked me if I had asked her a question that she wanted ME to ask her, I was like "No I forgot, I'm sorry" and she got really mad and sad "How could you be so insecure? That's all you are you know! Like crap!" I ran up to my room and wrote down everything she said on paper and started crying, eventually I go back down stairs, finish the kitchen, and walk to the stairs and she's sitting their smiling happily on her chair and asks for a hug because of the great job I did. This pattern has happened so many countless times when shes really mad and pissed off right before I do my chores then after that it's "all good" But I have to say it leaves me feeling really confused. And also, a couple says ago I had just stolcked the dish washer and I didn't know it had a couple clean dishes already in it, and I stated filling it with dirty dishes, then when she came down the stairs so check on everything I did and make sure it was *perfect* she yells "COME DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!" I was like mom what did I do?! "oh sure you "don't know what u did" look at this, and she shows me how their was a couple clean cups in the dishwasher, "I kept telling her "I'm sorry I'm sorry, I really didn't know those really clean mom!" and she rants and raves for another 10 mins, leaves the kitchen, goes outside and slams the door on my face and says she needs "space" I then start crying all over again, finish the little mistake I did, run up to my room and cry myself to sleep. Only to wake up the next day to find the same smile on her face. Sadly, I've grown used to this cycle of neglect then love, neglect, love, neglect, neglect, love. It's drives me insane inside and sometimes I think about ending my life, I have been starting to cut myself for no reason . I don't like to go outside anymore and my friends are getting distant, I feel like I need to put on an act in school. Btw my dad doesn't want to have NOTHING to do with this, even when I tell him my side of the story he still gets mad at ME and tells ME to stop talking. I don't have any privacy either, she has all my passwords to Facebook, my email, and my dad receives MY test messages on HIS phone too! The only way I'm doing this is by making a fake account. I've never broken my mother or fathers trust Ipin any way but they still treat me like this. And also I can NEVER buy anything over 5$ a month. But sure, my mom can buy 200& worth a day of crap, my dad is always saying to her to stop spending but she blames it on me saying that's it's all me who's buying it. Anyways this is my story, this is my life. And if you've actually read this far, what do u think?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:20 AM

My parents always compare me to more succesful people, i bet everyone does it. As for the other things you shouldn't worry too much about it, it just sounds like your an emotional person. The privacy thing i understand try talking to your parents about it that you feel like you have no privacy at all, and try to work things out. Best of luck

Ads

Hi I'm 14 years old.

Do think about ending your life for little things like that your only 14 years old you have your whole life ahead of you these years past by fast next thing you know your already 18 and you could find your self a job and move out so you won't have to deal with no ones crap. I'm sure your mother loves you maybe she's going through some stuff or something . Try talking to her try telling her how you really feel talk to your sister friends or an adult never think negative always keep your mind positive if anything just email me

lifes not fair kiddo, but honestly if those are your complaints, you have a much healthier and safer than life than most children out there. some grow up in violent and abusive homes.

try to get dad out of the house and talk to him. in the meantime just stay away from your mom.

love you.

1. Don't cut yourself, that's silly and your problem will still be there.
It does sound like your mom is driving you to go bad and you need to think about yourself and know that it's not worth it.
I think maybe you should try and avoid her, after all there are psychotic parents out there.

I understand what you are going through. Please find a way to deal with your emotions because you have already started to hurt yourself and it's only gonna get worse. You may have your days that you just wanna give up. Those are gonna be the days you gotta fight through it hun. Try getting involved in church, counseling, find someone you can talk to so you can vent out. What about after school activities, sports is a great way to help with stress. I know you would rather be in your room but maybe try going outside and water the grass or just sit down and have something to drink outside and try to think of something/someone that makes you smile. I don't know what's going on with your mom, but just keep being nice. Get your chores done as soon as you can so then she can't use your chores against you. Maybe if you talk with your sister she can help. Since your mom seems to be ok with her and your dad doesn't wanna get involved then your sister can try finding the right moment to talk with her about how she is making you feel and how this is all affecting you. If I was there I would hug you. Always remember that God loves you. Lean on Him to fix your broken heart.

There are a lot more mentally ill people than most ppl realize. Your mom sounds mentally ill. I wouldn't take her rants personally anymore, I'd chalk it up to she's crazy, she can't help it and just wait until she comes back around to being nice again ( at least you have that, some mom's are just mean all the time). With your Dad, he sounds like a jerk ( but maybe with more info, I'd qualify him as mentally ill too!) To just tell you to stop talking, how rude. But he is probably just trying to stay out of having to be the in-between person for you and your mom ( most guys are like that, we know better, stay out of the drama). Please don't cut yourself anymore or take they way your being treated as something you deserve, it's just part of growing up with parents that aren't so great. Try to deal with it the best you can, don't shut yourself in, do the opposite, have an outside the home life to keep you going. Good-Luck, you won't be young forever, it actually goes by pretty quick once you hit your age, so just look to the future, the world is wide open to you!