This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What should I do in this situation?
11-09-2012, 09:14 AM
What should I do in this situation?
Few days back my brother went back to the city where he works. He was here at home with us for a week, and had a good time. Later I found out that he had left his Facebook profile open in one of the fr apps in my IPad. I ignored it for a few days, then I thought I'd play a prank on a few of his friends by messaging them. When I opened it, I saw in one of his messages to his friends my name cropping up. Out of curiosity, I opened it( sorry I know I shouldn't have), and there I saw he wrote so much bullshit about me to his friend!!( a girl). He wrote I feel like slapping my sister, she's good for nothing, and that's why he's not talking to me. I was like wtf?? We didn't even fight before we left, and what nonsense was he spouting?? Plus he exaggerated about my father being in the hospital, and he had to come back to the city again, and how he had to multitask between work and caring for my father. Whereas the truth is he just had a minor throat infection, he wasn't hospitalised, and my brother wasn't even in the city!! Such nonsense!! He was just gaining sympathy!!

I'm thoroughly shocked that he used me as such an excuse, when I didn't even do anything to him. What should I do about this??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:22 AM

He was obviously just doing this to impress the girl he was talking to. I wouldn't get worried about it, but if your really hurt, maybe tell your mum? I wouldn't tell him though, because I suspect he'll flip if he found out you went through his messages! Ask your mum to talk to him, but try to get her to leave you out... The only problem there is how will your mum have found out...
I think you should just leave it, and next time you see him be as nice as you can, but not annoyingly nice. Then, if he really meant what he said (which I doubt he did) he might change his views.
I hope I helped!

Ads

I feel sorry for your bother, I must said he is insane or else he is not a real brother.

While I must say your brother sounds like he has some issues, being a liar is one of them. Just bare in mind what you now know about him for future reference.

On a separate issue is this. What you did was in fact was an invasion of your brother's privacy. He was certainly careless to leave that page opened for you to see. That is no excuse however. Doing what you did almost always ends up badly. I would suggest the next time an opportunity like this presents itself, that you resist the temptation.

To answer your last question, you shouldn't DO anything about it. The truth has a way of working itself in to the light with out any help at all!

This is a difficult one. You aren't supposed to read his stuff, but he's using you as a terrible excuse. Well, seize the moment, and Message the gir
Explaining the situation and delete the message after u send it and say do not respond.
He will get what he deserves.