This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Girls: What do you think of quiet guys?
11-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Girls: What do you think of quiet guys?
This is kind of just a rant of some background info... if you just wanna get straight to the question, go to the last paragraph.
~
Welcome to the adventures of a shy freshman... ugh.
I'm a little confused about this whole quiet guy/loud guy thing. I'm in general a quiet guy in public. I am never the first one to speak unless someone says something first (if it is someone I've never talked to. If it a friend, I'll talk as much as I want lol). The only time I would go first is if we got paired up in a group project at school or partners for a solo duet or something similar.
I am very shy around girls. But I noticed I can very VERY easily talk to a shy girl because I understand them. I consider myself somewhat outgoing whenever I talk to a shy girl. It's because I feel like I understand them. They are quiet, I know they love to be talked to, but they just don't know how to talk to someone first. Usually shy people become some of my greatest friends. But I'll never find a girl like that who does that to me. I am usually only recognized for my talents (drawing, or saxophone solo). But I'm starting to lose my passion for art, and I can't play the saxophone in class (lol). So I have to depend entirely on my social skills (something I don't have).
I was talking to this one girl today on facebook, and I was being really nice. I kept complimenting her. She kept saying thank you. (It was a really friendly conversation. She sent me long messages, and so did I). Then out of no where, she sends me "You talk like a virgin. It's cool though haha."
....This kind of p*ssed me off. I would say she is a b*tch but I don't know if you viewers would appreciate that.. but, why after all these really nice things I said, she says that? I was being too nice, wasn't I? I found out that being too nice does not attract girls, except apparently a lot of girls on the internet that I read, but I never find in real life :/ . I'm so confused.
She had s*x already and she's in my grade (age 14). I feel like I should have called her a wh*re but.. I would feel like a douche. However seems like most girls like douchey guys >.>

As I've been typing this, I've been thinking about this one girl in my marching band class the whole time. She is no doubt the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. I told my friend that I thought she was really pretty. And he told her. WTF. I was like "WHAT!?" The next day, she kept saying hey to me. I was like... "what?" lmao. Then I find out my brother, today, said she liked me last year. ....what?
~~
I never even dreamed of a girl that pretty liking me. BUT THEN. I think she has somewhat changed. Today she pushed me in the chest (friendly) and said "You need to stop being so quiet."
What do I do? ._. I don't know how to stop being quiet.. I'm so shy. I think it's because I'm just afraid to get noticed? Idk. I noticed I talk to people individually, not like a crowd. I know I'm over reacting, but I feel like this is the only chance I will ever see a girl this pretty. She is.. omg. ogmogmogm
But, I can't ruin this man Sad She is the prettiest girl I've seen in my life. Maybe I'm too nice.
Bottom line, what do you think I should do? Remain to be shy and hope she likes it? That's how I started off. Or should I go in a quiet room, talk and get used to hearing myself loud, and be more confidence with my talking? Or just listen to what my heart has to say and just adapt to everything?
I type much more than I talk. MUCH more :O simply because I get more chances lol.
I'm no where near this talkative unless I know the person kind of well. But yes, I noticed I love talking to people that are really easy to talk to, such as the people you say hey to smile and say hey back, and ask a few questions or tell you something. I will try to be that person that is easy to talk to, but retain my calmness (generally).
But I don't know how yet. Which is why I put this question lol
The b*tch thing was implied because of my nice comments was interrupted by that rude comment. She said that in a taunting way.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:25 AM

They are too busy thinking of ways to cut some one up.

Ads

Ask her out. Only way.

Forget about the old girl, she's a s*ut and won't get anything good in her life the way she's going. This girl sounds like she likes you!! She's happy that you think she's pretty and was attempting to flirt with you by pushing you! Open up to her, talk to her on fb, get her number, and ask her to hc!! Good luck! Answer mine please http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...743AA5kCRb

In my opinion, there's something about guys that keep to themselves that I find incredibly attractive and alluring. Most girls might like an outgoing guy, and they're not all that bad. Maybe it's because I imagine that guys that keep to themselves have a mysterious side to them, like maybe there's something about them that separates them from other guys, possibly their background story, I don't know haha.
But there's a difference between a shy and awkward guy and a quiet and chill guy. In your case (I mean, I don't know you, but from what I've read) I think you'll be fine talking to the girl you like once you get used to the fact that she's starting to pay attention to you. As for when you do talk to her, don't be too nice, in the way that you over-compliment her, because that might come off as trying too hard (for lack of a better way of saying it).
Anyways, there's my two cents. I think this is one of the cutest things I've seen on Y!A and I normally hate singles/dating questions haha. Good luck with your girl, hun!

So, telling you sound like a virgin but that's ok makes the girl a B***?

Really?

I understand feeling awkward and put on the spot - but it's not like you were having a public conversation, nor were you face to face. Seems to me recovery could have been relatively without cost. But she has to be considered a b*** for saying that?

What offhand statement will cause this new girl to be considered a B***?

I can understand where you're going, cept with losing passion in music. I love music. it's what keeps me going thru the day. Its what makes me want to go to school as a friggin freshman. considering I'm in honors marching band, some jrs even look up to me a little talentwise. The jrs sometimes ask for my help and we get along fine. The thing about being shy is that you're not the one who wants to start a conversation with someone. So for me, it's having something that needs help and you're selfless enough to help them. All of the people who do have swarms of friends, they all have something about them. Whether its athletics, looks, dance or singing, or brains, there will be people who look up to them and admire how gifted they are in something. If you do quit sax, then find something to pursue