This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blind date stupid idea or not? Unfair?
11-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Blind date stupid idea or not? Unfair?
I have always been brought up to respect girls, which I do. I broke up with my ex around 8 months ago and know it is time to move on.

One of my best girl mates recently asked me if I wanted to go on a blind date with a girl she had met at uni, as she believes we would work.

Thing is girls have messed with my head in the past, and I dont know any guy with less confidence than me eventhough i have people that tell me I am good looking and a nice guy.

I said no to the blind date, mainly because of my confidence issue, and also because of the awkwardness on the date, eventhough I am not socially awkward and am likely to make conversation.

Thing is, this girl has seen me on facebook and knows about me. Whereas i have no idea what she looks like or anything about her. I agreed to go out with her in a group so that i could get to know the girl first.

Am i being an asshole to the girl or do you think i made the right decision? The girl has agreed to meet me but i cant know her name so it is not awkward when we go out. I feel it is unfair and defeats the fact it is a blind date if she has seen me and not the other way round. Advice on what i should do would be helpful!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:28 AM

Group setting is a great idea, a lot less pressure for everyone involved.

See if the two of you hit it off.

Luck

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply