This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook apps auth_token problem?
11-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Facebook apps auth_token problem?
Almost every app--both games and quizzes--I've tried to open for the past week has had this weird error where it starts loading the app page but before anything comes up, it adds ?auth_token(bunch of random letters and numbers that change) after the last slash. I've tried a bunch of apps and it seems the only ones that work are Flair, Farmville and Vampire Wars. I logged off and into a family member's account and there were no app problems at all. Is there a reason or solution for this?

Thanks in advance

Oh, and I use Firefox

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:28 AM

I suspect it is because facebook has been doing major updates to the app development API. It appears the last updates were made around Oct 28, 2009 and won't be finished until Dec 2009 / Early 2010 (says their development road map).

Try restarting firefox (even go into task manager and end the process). If that doesn't work try using another browser like Google Chrome. These are temporary fixes though and the problem may reoccur.

I know there are a lot of app developers that are upset about this problem. I have yet to find a concrete solution for it.

Ads

11-09-2012, 09:28 AM

i just wanna make known to facebook webmaster that i have the same problem too. weird thing is only my account has this prob. my sister's, my friends', my colleagues' have no prob at all. i tried from diff computers (home & work), same. i usually use firefox at home, but internet explorer at work, still the same problem. i tried ie at home, firefox at work, SAME PROBLEM. -_-

pls fix it asap! appreciate that.