This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why do facebook apps always want to access your private info?
11-09-2012, 09:24 AM
why do facebook apps always want to access your private info?
arent there any that just let you use them without disclosing all your personal details? I dont like my info all over the internet!
sorry phillip12, I dont believe ( or even like the idea ) my data is stored securely!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:33 AM

Some require it (Such as birthday notifications, etc) but mostly, its marketing. Collecting statistics and selling them is big money these days.

Ads

11-09-2012, 09:33 AM

To develop facebook apps, the developers need to use your facebook ID in order for them to do anything useful. Also, by default facebook has app permissions asking for your basic information (name, location, friends, pictures..), if a developer doesn't change these (most don't) then you are always asked. However, just because you are asked for permission doesn't mean the developer is actually using it. In most cases, depending on the app, all they use is your facebook id. And your information is never thrown around on the internet most of the time it is stored in a very secure database, never storing your name.