This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does this mean on facebook?
11-09-2012, 09:26 AM
What does this mean on facebook?
On facebook when you try to serach someone and it says page was not found but you can still find them in the search tool bar.

If i got blockled well fair enough just wondering. Or has this person just put privacy settings on to hide stuff?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:34 AM

im not sure i think maybe fb is having trouble loading the page. i know they had an update this morning so maybe there just working out the bugs. maybe try loading the page abit later.

Ads

Could be numinous reasons why its stopped you getting access, Like the once you just said your name is blocked in there private setting so you cant see anything. The sever could be timing out check the pings and tracert in cmd to Facebook also to see how many millosec's from you to your sever eg facebook.co.uk and count the hop's. Check for malware or virus's these could be an issue and redirecting you away from the sever. Clean your cache and history up also some might be causing problems there. But main question is if you know the person give them a call and ask why you cant get access.. Check to see if there still in your friends list.

In case you are blocked by that user
When you are logged into facebook and search in the search box that user won't show up.
Also if you open that users profile link facebook says: "The page you requested was not found" which simply means you are blocked by that user

But if not logged and you are not blocked you can visit that user profile with data limited according to that privacy settings & visibility preferences.

And if that user have limited search engine visibility their profile will not shop up with facebook message "This content is currently unavailable"

When someone block you then if you search them , facebook show you page not found. Because you block by that person. Besides when you post something then if you select only me, it will not display to the another person.