This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it legal for my school to give kids detetion for joining certain groups on facebook?
11-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Is it legal for my school to give kids detetion for joining certain groups on facebook?
Ok so someone on facebook made a group about a kid at my school and invited a lot of kids from our shool to join. So today in school the principal said whoever is on that group will get detention. Is this legal?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:35 AM

absolutely not...that is an infringement on your rights...good luck

Ads

Seriously!!! They did that to you!!! I'm 12 and I have facebook. I think they can't do that though. Facebook is your business, principal can't give you detention cause, school does not interact with your facebook.

Well if it is ripping on the kid then yes it is fair..... Because a lot of shootings at schools happen from kids being fed up with what others think so your school is just trying to be safe...
help answer my question
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...640AA9IiNt

no ideaaa but that situations happened at my school
it probably is though

The kid about whom the group was about most probably complained to the Principal about the harassment which he probably viewed as cyber bullying.
It is teen misuse of Facebook that gets the site bad publicity which raises concern about the site's safety in the minds of parents and teachers.
It is teen misuse of YouTube that made the founders give up on the site and allow Google to get their hands on it

I don't think there's a law against it. But no offense, why would you join a group whose sole purpose was to make a kid feel like crap?

I think that that is a stupid idea and that you are the one that has the rights

No unless you joined the group while on a school computer or on the school internet. If they do this, contact your school district or school board and tell them. They will most likely do something about it.

i hate the "schools look at your facebook" thing. it's so retarded