This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dropping out of Navy DEP?
11-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Dropping out of Navy DEP?
I called my recruiter over a week ago (on October 9th, to be exact) and told him I want to separate from the Navy DEP. According to a Navy Recruiting Manual, the process from me telling my recruiter I want out to the Command CO signing the Administrative Leave is not to exceed 72 hours:
"The timeline from recruiting personnel notifying the Z/S to the
Commanding Officer’s direction to DEP discharge a DEP member shall not
exceed 72-hours."
I was willing to be reasonable and give a day or two, but it has been over a week and still nothing has been accomplished. I was able to locate the District CO on Facebook and I sent him a message and I honestly thought it was a waste of time but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway. To my surprise, he actually did read it and responded. He asked for my recruiting station and my recruiter's name as I didn't include these in my original message because I'm not looking to get anyone in trouble, I just want out of Navy DEP. So, my question is what should I do? I don't want my recruiter to get in trouble, so should I first call him first and let him know I do have a source of contact with his CO if he doesn't get this separation process rolling or should I just continue talking with the District CO about the issue?
Considering the CO is asking questions such as who is my recruiter and which recruiting station am I from, it seems pretty obvious that the CO knows nothing about my DEP separation request. Which means the recruiter probably hasn't even filed it. This kinda irritates me that after one week, I find out he probably didn't even file the request.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:35 AM

"I called my recruiter over a week ago (on October 9th, to be exact) and told him I want to separate from the Navy DEP."

Calling means nothing... a letter written and signed by you requesting the DEP release is what should have been done.

The 72 hours is taken to mean 72 business hours not just 72 clock hours.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply