This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vegans: Why is do people get mad when I tell them the truth?
11-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Vegans: Why is do people get mad when I tell them the truth?
So I have a little problem. I am a very strict vegan, I am a vegan for animal rights. When people ask me why I am a vegan, I tell them why. Then they get mad at me. WTF! I am usually a low profile person, but when I am on Facebook, if I see something that I think is worth sharing, I will share it. But here is the catch. I get billions of complaints. My facebook friends say "How could you share such an awful thing!" "Gross, delete it!" "Animals are tools!" "I am embarrassed to be your friend!" and crap like that. That doesn't bug me. But what does bug me is that all my friends post stuff about eating meat, their favorite recipes, and how they killed a deer for meat. So they like telling me their beliefs, but they don't like hearing mine? Well that's crap. Tell me what you think and what I should do! Thanks!Big Grin
Deer Hunter- Thanks for the correction. Yes I do give my opinion. But what I mean by the truth, is how animals are treated. I share quotes, pictures of how happy animals are, and pictures of animals in slaughter houses and the horrors of it. So by the truth I mean how animals are treated! I hope that clarifies everything!Tongue

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:35 AM

It is because they perceive your lifestyle as a threat. It's different, and people don't like anything that's different. They feel you are radical and fanatical. And that you are criticizing them and their choices. Believe me, after 22 years of being one, too, my twin sister and I have learned to not bother talking to anyone else about it and just making good, ethical choices for our own lives. People become really vicious about it and love attacking vegans and vegetarians for their choices. My parents are like that. They don't have compassion for animals. It comes down to ignorance, really.

Ads

If anyone posted anything about killing animals on my wall, they would be deleted... oh such a simple solution.

You don't tell them the truth, you tell them your opinions.

These people are posting things they do in their lives, you are posting things they shouldn't do in their lives. See the difference? You are the one trying to force opinions down their throats.

Just because you are posting "the truth" about how animals are treated, doesn't mean that everyone should automatically believe you. People can post facts on Facebook. People can post lies on the Facebook. It sounds like you are posting information that's difficult to believe without studies, references, and background information to support your position. Everyone knows you shouldn't automatically believe everything you see on the internet, and just because you re-post a picture from an extreme vegan website, you shouldn't everyone to accept it as truth.

It sounds like you are starting a conversation regarding animal rights, and you are frustrated because the feedback you are getting is not supportive of your beliefs. If you don't want feedback to your opinions, don't post your opinions.

People are attached to ideas that cause themselves and those around them to suffer.
This self-induced suffering is shown outwardly as aversion, anger, pride, irrationality etc.
They do not fight the inclination to be offended. They let the feeling consume them.
They have little control over the mind. They do not know how to live life without suffering.

Because they don't want to think about where their food comes from and you are making them think. They'd be happy living in their ignorance and now they can't so they react with anger because otherwise they would have to examine themselves and their lives and that is the hardest thing to do. So, instead it is easier to lash out against you.