This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kindle Paperwhite vs Nook Glowlight?
11-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Kindle Paperwhite vs Nook Glowlight?
I have been waiting to get an ereader for awhile now because I wanted the e-ink capabilities but i also wanted the built in light. personally I couldn't care less about eye-strain but the main thing I read are pdfs. I want to know which has the best pdf support. mostly I use this for text documents that I can reformat the pdfs to have bigger text to read but again, which has the best support?
Also I'm curious about the browser on the Kindle Paperwhite. is it an actual browser for websites or is it like a browser/bookstore? For example, could I go on Facebook if I wanted to (thats not what I'm going to use it for though)
as for the ads on the kindle, where are they? are they on while you are reading or just on the bookstore?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:35 AM

There's an actual user review here, I think it should answer your question, on eye strain issue and comparison between the two e-readers:
http://www.amazon.com/review/RG63YHMKKC3...=kndfjr-20

For the Nook Glowlight, there have been users reported that the light is fragile and easily breaks, when it breaks it'll leave cracks on the screen. Kindle Paperwhite has much better user reviews, and the light is more even on the screen.

The ads on Kindle Paperwhite won't appear when you're reading a book. The browser is experimental and pretty basic, you can go to any website or check email when you have the Kindle connected to Wi-Fi, but as you know the screen is black and white and it'll be better for text heavy websites.

Many FAQs about the Kindle Paperwhite can be found here (some browser issues are mentioned in Comments section):
http://www.amazon.com/review/R1G39Q6N4HM...=kndfjr-20

Both the Nook and the Kindle can read PDF natively. The Kindle has an additional function to convert PDF to Kindle format, and with Kindle Format you can adjust its font size. So with Kindle it'll be more flexible for PDF files as well.

Hope this helps.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply