This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
As it Extra money to access internet and go on websites on my wii?
10-01-2012, 10:00 AM
As it Extra money to access internet and go on websites on my wii?
So i saw this thing on my wii in which you can access internet. Its basically like a computer on your wii. You can go on any website you which to choose. YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr... Anything really. I go on websites like twitter and Facebook.. but my sister say's its extra money. I don't think it is. Of course my wii is connected to my wifi at home. Is it extra money to go on the internet and websites? Please help.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 10:08 AM

NO! NOT AT ALL!!! I have a Wii of my own, and I do it all the time! they even made a special YouTube for the Wii! (You just go to regular YouTube and the Wii will do the rest!) I don't know why she'd think that! Have fun on your FREE Wii internet!

Ads

IT IS FREE dont beleive her you use to have to pay for the internet app on the wii now its free but accessing it is 100% free how are they going to charge you?

no Smile

Nintendo doesn't charge anything for basic online services like using the Internet Channel. However, other services like Netflix & Hulu are extra, but those are special subscriptions from those sites (not from Nintendo). Nintendo does give you a heads up about any possible extra charges (usually by slapping the Red NWC logo), but these are usually Premium DLC stuff.

Your sister isn't completely wrong here, Nintendo did originally charge 500 NP ($5) for the Internet Channel. HOWEVER, they change the price to free around September, 2009 & gave everybody who paid for it a free NES VC title of their choice (as cost-free form of a refund). This might be why your sister says it's "extra".

I will note that Internet Channel is fairly outdated by today's standards, so you may not enjoy as many sites that utilize Flash or advanced web programming.

Hope this helps!