This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Who on earth suggested that it might be a good idea for a man who has struggled with drugs?
10-01-2012, 10:13 AM
"Who on earth suggested that it might be a good idea for a man who has struggled with drugs?
and is clearly in trouble at the moment, to have even more direct access to the public?"

To parade his struggles in front of millions of creepy, leering internet obsessives?
We're used to a readier access to celebrities these days. We demand it, even when it's in the celebrity's best interests that they should have a layer of protection between them and the public. But the line should have been drawn way before this. Looking at the video interviews Sheen has submitted to over the last few days, I'd say this was a real person suffering from a very real meltdown.

Social media should have absolutely no place in his return to health - indeed, it threatens to exacerbate the problem by giving him a nihilistic "dumping ground" where he can rag on employers employers and friends. Enough messages of support from idiotic followers and he might even think he's being entertaining.

He's not. Sheen should immediately distance himself from whoever recommended this as a way of telling "his side of the story" and shut down his account. For their part, Ad.ly and Twitter should be ashamed of enabling the public exploitation and ridicule of a man who needs therapy, not amplification. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/tw...count.html

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 10:21 AM

Here in the US, Sheen is an object of ridicule and pity. The more he talks the less he looks like an adult and the more he looks like a fool.

But until he realizes his problem, no one can help him. And it is not fair to blame Twitter etc for his ranting.

Ads

the media do have a lot to answer for, they seem to be further above the law than any other industry, usually they get a slap on the wrist and a fine......someone who is sincere in coming off drugs want to keep it private, not publish it around the world , i havent read the story but many years ago i found myself in a position where i became addicted to a certain substance and i remember thinking to myself i definitely dont want all and sundry knowing about it, its a hard enough struggle and battle to win, without letting the whole world know,

He's an adult and is responsible for his own actions. It's not Twitter's or anybody else's responsibility to vet their subscribers to make sure they're sane. If Charlie wants to hang his balls out in public, then he certainly can. It's him and only him who has to face the consequences.

aye hat droogs lassie

This is one of the problems with 'celebrity'. These celebs get lost in their own hype and egos. They are ridiculously over paid for what they give and live in one of the most insincere industries ever invented while acting like royalty, it's not surprising things go wrong. If he's in the position where he's doing whatever he is on the advice of someone he's paying to make his decisions for him then he must have been seriously weird for a long time. However unpleasant this might be for him I can't believe anyone else is responsible.

You're right. However, there's such a vicious appetite for schadenfreude for those in the public eye - that for many his downfall is just another source of entertainment.

Hi Faith

From our view, Sheen would do well to have some quiet time out of the public eye
but we all deal with stress differently. Hopefully he is getting help from his advisors

We reap what we sow.

You seriously think anyone can tell him what to do? He fired his publicist and won't talk to his family. His only friends are paid hookers -- by his own choice. Let the narcissistic sociopath die. He doesn't want help. He doesn't believe in therapy, or addiction.