This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Did Minnesota display true Christian values yesterday?
11-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Did Minnesota display true Christian values yesterday?
With the gay marriage ban voted down hordes of people on Facebook and the pro-amendment group are raving about the erosion of morals and "Christian values" which I find funny, seeing as how Jesus never spoke like their campaigns of hate and stonethrowing, as opposed to the message of love and acceptance FOR ALL that the anti-amendment campaign did. I actually met people from my church at the victory party, and they were as happy and thrilled as you could be and one girl was posting on Facebook about how she just prayed prayers of thanks that night. My state has made me proud.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:41 AM

If they weren't a blue state they aren't a Christian state.

Ads

The advent of new christians as I call them have not only adjusted to the times, but have their own standard of morality not based on the bible. Even though you think Jesus doesn't preach hate then sobeit, but it's far from the truth of the old testament where god talked about homosexuality being an abomination deserving of death. Using your own standard to justify what you think is ok is what non believers have been talking about for years.

Does kind of pokes a big hole in the Atheists frequent assertion that Christians are trying to set up a theocracy and force others to adopt their values.....

Spin it that way if you like. There must be a strong anti-christian sentiment in your state or the measure would have never passed. So many people are fed up with religions openly hating on gays that they've joined a cause they might have otherwise never concerned themselves with.

Super, super glad to hear about the news in Minnesota, Maine, Maryland, (how many states start with the letter M? Like eight or something?) and Washington.

I live north of you. We legalized same-sex marriage in 2005. I hope you guys in lower-Canada do the same soon.

Have you ever heard of separation of church and state? I know it's not actually happening anymore, but it was one of the founding principles of the USA. The thing about Christian values - they're as different as day and night in the old and the new testament: in the old testament homosexuality and such would see you killed (while raping a woman could get you married to her), and in the new testament, it's not really spoken about much, apart from the preaching of love and forgiveness... it's like Jesus and his father are two different people and not of the holy Trinity!
But really, were the values, displayed in Minnesota Christian values or just values of good people, regardless of religion?

"Even though you think Jesus doesn't preach hate then sobeit, but it's far from the truth of the old testament where god talked about homosexuality being an abomination deserving of death. Using your own standard to justify what you think is ok is what non believers have been talking about for years."

The original hebrew text doesn't even use the word abomination. They used the same word for eating shellfish and wearing polycotton garments.